Chapter 1 - For Your Sake

• Dedicated to all KIMXI pexers

I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality.

- H.A. Overstreet

"Hey, there's someone at the door! ...Hey, there's someone at the door! ...Hey, there's someone at the door!"

Raffie suddenly woke up to the sound of her phone doorbell intercom. She checked the digital clock on her bedside table. Twelve minutes past six in the morning.

"Who can this be?" She yawned, still feeling drowsy. Although she went home early from the studio yesterday, she spent the whole night preparing for her luggage. If not for her boyfriend's phone call at two o'clock that morning, she would have actually failed to notice that it was almost daybreak.

"Ang aga-aga pa, ah!" With a childish pout, Raffie reached out for the phone and asked in her usual sweet but still groggy voice, "Whozit?"

"Pizza delivery for Miss Raphaella Pierre Legazpi..."a deep voice uttered from the other end of the line.

Her eyes lit up the moment she heard that deep voice. She knew that voice perfectly well. That voice with the sexy British accent. That voice which does not fail to give her goose bumps especially when it begins to sing her favorite songs. "Oh, uhm, just a minute!" she excitedly went straight to the bathroom to fix herself quickly, and then started to walk towards the carpeted living room.

Raffie could not help but smile as she opened the door. There he was, standing tall and holding a box of pizza on one hand and a bouquet of pink tulips on the other one. His blue eyes twinkled as he flashed his usual electrifying smile at her. Then he opened his arms wide to give her a bear hug.

"Magandang umaga, Lovey!" Vince Carlisle whispered in his charming British accent, giving Raffie a quick peck on her lips.

"Whoa, gd'morning, too, Honey!" Raffie whispered back sweetly. "I can't believe this...pizza...at this hour, huh?"

"That's right, your favorite gourmet pizza - especially made by the most gorgeous man alive," the British-American hunk said smugly, winking at her. "...and hey, check out who else came along with a full English fry-up ...surprise!!!" Vince held out his hand and instantly, their friends crowded right in front Raffie's door, holding different sorts of traditional English breakfast treats: eggs, bacon, sausages, fried bread, baked beans and mushrooms.

Raffie was teary-eyed as she hugged her friends one by one and ushered them inside her small but posh living room. They were all actually together the entire day yesterday because their director had given Raffie a farewell party right at their studio. But somehow, she was touched when the same people still made such an effort to wake up early just to surprise her that morning. For three years, she had been a part of the Imperial Repertory Society which was based in London, a repertory group touring several places around the United Kingdom, performing both modern and classic-themed theatrical shows.

She was so attached to everyone in the group who consider her as the bubbliest but sweetest gal they have ever known. She was actually the only Asian member of the group, and that alone was something she was extremely proud of. But just like each of the theatrical performances they present, some things have a way of coming to its end.

"We'll definitely miss your company, girl!" Helena burst out, embracing Raffie tightly, her emerald eyes brimming with tears. She is Raffie's closest girl friend in the group.

Raffie embraced back her Greek friend. "I'll be missing you, too, girl!" she said with a note of sadness on her voice. She tried hard not to sound too gloomy, although she felt as if she was on the verge of breaking down. She wiped the tears from Helena's eyes and smiled at her friend. "Hey...I'll tweet all of yah with all updates, okay?...and uh...promise, you'll see my pretty face in IG frequently, hahaha!"