Chapter 13 (Part 1) - With Bells On!

Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
It's about that very moment when you're doing something and wishing they were right there with you.
- Anonymous

Vince Carlisle ‏@dVince_Carlisle 11m
pack up!!!😁😁😁 gettin ready for some R&R time!

Tiffany Hughes @tiffhughes20 10m
hey handsome @dVince_Carlisle meet ya later!!! Can’t wait to see ya!

Vince Carlisle ‏@dVince_Carlisle 11m
@tiffhughes20 awww, certainly!

Tiffany Hughes @tiffhughes20 10m
@dVince_Carlisle excited for another R&R with ya!

Vince Carlisle ‏@dVince_Carlisle 11m
you better be! @tiffhughes20

“Another R&R time?!…and who’s this girl he’ll meet later?” Raffie murmured in displeasure as she visited Vince’s Twitter profile page and saw his latest tweets and conversation with a girl she’s not acquainted with.

It has been a week since she and Vince had talked through video call. He never twitted, nor sent her emails. Still, she chose to believe that he was really quite busy for the past few weeks and she didn’t want to appear insistent or makulit in Vince’s eyes.

Besides, she was never the type who meddles or pries over the personal affairs of people…not even her boyfriend.

However, the Twitter conversation she had just read somehow gave her some uncanny feelings. ‘What’s this? Verbal PDA sa Twitter?’ she thought, not with curiousity, but more with annoyance.

Alam nya na possible kong mabasa ang mga posts nya, and still, he seems like he never minds?’

‘At bakit may time sya sa iba…sa akin di nya maalala mag-twit man lang?’

‘At di nya rin naalala na birthday ngayon ni Daddy?’

Raffie could not hide her annoyance even as she went downstairs to take her breakfast. She has already assigned her ballet classes that morning to another teacher since she needs to be in the church to prepare for their evening musical presentation.

“Lord, just please take complete control…I’m claiming for peace of mind and success,” Raffie silently prayed, hoping that the bad mood brought about by the early morning twits she read would be replaced by hopeful anticipation of their musical’s success.

“Hija, good morning!” Carmi greeted as she saw Raffie. “Mabuti naman at gising ka na. Si Daddy mo, gustong magpa-dinner sa labas kasama sila Louie. Mamaya daw pagkatapos nung musical.”

Not wanting Carmi to worry about her, Raffie immediately pulled herself together in order to look cool, calm and collected as she kissed her mother.

She and the Ramirezes have actually planned to give Paeng a surprise birthday party that night. But she decided to keep mum about it, even to her mother.   “Uhm…Mommy…sige po. Magce-celebrate po tayo after ng program,” she said. “Nasa room pa po ba si Dad?”

“Nasa garden na sya, hija,” Carmi replied.

“O sige po, pupuntahan ko muna si Dad, Mommy,” Raffie said. She took the guitar which was hanging at the corner of the stairs and walked towards the garden.