Chapter 22 (Part 1) - Euphonic

Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
~Rumi

“Finally we’re here!” Kate excitedly exclaimed as she, Raymund and Raffie climbed down from a Cessna 182 Skylane early Saturday morning.

It was a VIP charter flight, one which they typically use whenever they wanted to go to their vacation resort in Siargao.

Raymund quickly assisted the ladies with their luggages as they walked towards the Super Grandia which was already parked in a nearby area. Then he helped the driver place their bags at the back portion of the vehicle.

“Mukhang favorite mo itong place na ito,” Raffie observed as she and Kate were already settled inside the vehicle.

“Sobrang favorite! It’s a paradise island, kahit sino siguradong mai-in-love sa place na ito,” Kate remarked while they were already on their way to the Chua’s villa just outside the poblacion. “Alam mo Raffie, kung wala lang akong business sa Manila mas gusto kong mag-stay dito nang matagal, actually.”

“First time mong makarating dito, diba, Raffie?” Raymund, who was sitting on the front seat asked her.

Nodding, Raffie said, “Yeah. Marami akong naririnig na magagandang comments tungkol sa island na ito, pero ngayon na nakarating na rin ako dito na-realize ko na mas maganda pa pala ito kesa doon sa mga descriptions na nabasa at narinig ko.” She felt very relaxed as she looked at the serene and idyllic environment from the vehicle window. 

“Pag dating natin dun sa villa siguradong mas gaganahan ka sa makikita mo,” Raymund told her. “Si Babe nga halos ayaw nang umalis dito. Alam mo ba kung anong hilig nya aside sa panonood sa akin mag-surf? Addict yan sa island hopping at snorkeling.”

“Talaga? wow, that sounds really exciting,” Raffie commented.

“You can say that again. Mamaya panoorin natin si Babe, he’s going to surf. Tapos siguro bukas pwede natin yayain si Achi na mag-island tour if pwede pa sa schedule,” Kate said.

“Pwede yan, Babe,” Raymund said. “Si Achi pa, eh go lang din yun pag nag-suggest tayo. Besides, kailangan nating sulitin yung two days natin dito since first time ni Raffie makarating dito…game ka naman, diba Raffie?”

“Oo naman,” Raffie replied with excited, twinkling eyes.

In about fifteen minutes they already arrived at the villa, which was adjacent to a beautiful, paradise-like resort. They saw Janna and her nanny on the large terrace of the house’s second floor.

The little girl waved at them excitedly but hurried inside the house.

With around 5,000 square meters, the lot area around the villa was really wide, although the house itself wasn’t really that big. It was discreetly seated in the middle of a verdant green tropical garden and its design blended well with the picturesque view around it.

Looking at the high and sleek louvre windows and the nipa roofing of the villa, Raffie presumed that it was purposely designed to be a kind of cozy rest house exclusively for the family.

The landscape of the surrounding area was totally breathtaking. The lush garden was so well-kept and several uniquely bent palms enclosed the whole property.

Although the villa was just approximately twenty meters away from the beachfront, it still has a large glittering pool. It lay adjacent to the wide portico of the house.

It seemed like the Chua’s property in that island was a hidden paradise.

“Hey, welcome guys!” Moira greeted the group cheerfully. “Halos kararating ko rin lang from the market.”

“Ikaw mismo yung namalengke, Achi?” Kate asked incredulously as she kissed Moira.

“Oo naman, nagpasama ako kay Manang Lucy. Ayun na nga, tamang-tama at sinisimulan nang i-prepare yung breakfast natin,” Moira said. “Raffie, kamusta yung byahe? I’m really glad you’re here.”

Raffie hugged Moira. “Maayos naman po, Achi…actually pag lapag pa lang ng plane na-feel ko agad yung relaxing atmosphere dito sa isla. Thanks sa invitation, ha…and happy birthday!” she said.

“Thanks for making time to be with us. Ayun nga at nung nakita kayo ni Janna na dumating nagmamadaling maligo para daw fresh muna sya bago kayo i-meet. Kagigising lang din kase nya,” Moira shared.

“Kaya pala nagmamadali syang pumasok sa loob kanina,” Raymund commented. “Grabe, ang self-conscious na nya, eh bata pa. Nung ganun pa yung edad ko kahit tumutulo na yung uhog ko at nakikita ng ibang tao wala akong pakialam.”

“Ewww, Babe!” Kate exclaimed, causing everyone to laugh loudly.

“O sya, before we take in some refreshments dalhin muna natin yung mga gamit nyo sa mga kwarto sa itaas. Apat lang kase yung rooms dito, so kayong mag-asawa doon na kayo sa Master’s bedroom, okay?...unless you need more privacy, pwede din kayo pumili ng rooms doon mismo sa resort…I’ll inform Lois to prepare a suite for you,” Moira consulted the newlyweds while pointing to an elegant-looking building nearby.

“Ok na kami dito, Achi…we’ll just take the Master’s bedroom,” Raymund said.

“Fine.” Then Moira turned to Raffie and went on, “Raffie, we prepared the special guest room for you, sasamahan na kita paakyat doon. O, tara na guys, para naman marami pa tayong oras para mag-sightseeing after ng breakfast natin mamaya.”

Moira led Raffie inside the bedroom then excused herself to help prepare the group’s brunch.

As she entered the room, Raffie immediately took notice of a few musical instruments that were neatly arranged in one corner.