25) Tears

While he watched Penelope's head become severed and her heart ripped out, Jareth sat on the marble floor with Raven in his arms. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get her to wake up. He couldn't even tell if she was breathing. The Goblin King looked small while he was nearly curled on the floor, on the verge of a breakdown.

"Please, please wake up..." His voice wavered. He saw how hard she hit the pillar, and the sound resulted from that didn't sound all too good. Jareth didn't want to believe the worst outcome.

He cradled her limp body as he sat crisscrossed, wishing and praying that she would open her eyes. Jareth didn't want to be alone again, not after creating such a bond with Raven.

"Please don't go..." He muttered against her hair. "I-I love you...Raven..." The words sputtered out, even catching himself off guard.

The body he held shifted slightly, and a small movement of her hand caught Jareth's eye.

"Raven?" His voice cracked.

Raven slowly lifted her head, looking up at the Goblin King. She blinked a few times to clear her vision, and she was surprised to see that his face was red and wet, stained with dried tears.

"Jareth?" She murmured before Jareth crushed her against himself.

"Gods, I thought I lost you!" He cried.

"I thought I lost you." She pulled away to look Jareth in the eye.

"What?"

"When I was knocked out cold, I was in some sort of...dream. My heart was ripped out, and then you and Penelope were...together..." She looked away, feeling a small lump grow in her throat.

Jareth was silent with his mouth open slightly, and he saw how hurt she was from the dream. She must've been sent the dream after she was slammed against the pillar by Penelope.

"I'm here, now, and with you." Jareth hugged her tightly, filled with relief that he wasn't going to be alone.

"...what were you saying before I woke up?"

"What do you mean?"

"I heard a voice just before I woke up. If it wasn't anyone else, then it had to be you."

"I-I uhh...uhmm..." He stammered in quite an adorable way. "I said I love you..." His eyes darted and his face turned red, even the tips of his pointed ears turned a light shade of pink, and it was noticeable.

Raven leaned up and pressed a kiss on his cheek and became very bashful herself.

"I love you too."