15) Falling...

"Again."

"But Jareth-"

"Again!"

"I'm exhausted-!"

"You've almost got it, come on."

A crystal appeared from the palm of Raven's hand, solid and gleaming under the sunlight.

"Did I do it? Did I do it right?" She nearly squealed with excitement.

"Is it solid? Check to see if it's solid and won't pop like a bubble." Jareth inched closer. Raven slowly brought a finger to the crystal, poking it to find that it was solid.

"I did it! Oh my god, I did it!" She clutched the sphere in her hands, bouncing up and down like an excited child who had just won a toy at a fair.

"After hours of concentration, you managed to begin your training in magic!" Jareth chuckled. "Well done, dearest."

"What else can I do with this?" Raven's eyes widened.

"Slow down, slow down. There's still the part where you perfect crystal conjuring. Now do it again until you are able to do it blinded." Jareth kicked back, watching the girl have fun.

As he watched her, Jareth felt a sudden surge of affection toward the girl. As much as he admired her excitement, he felt himself start growing attached to her. This was not what he had planned.

Sure, he was silently broody, craving someone to be at his side so he was no longer lonely in his kingdom full of non Fae beings. But the girl he had become attached to was much too young for someone like himself yet.

Perhaps with time, and if she showed the same affection back, Jareth would consider taking things to another level. But for now, he must retain himself from saying or doing something he will regret.