5) Heads Up!

Once Raven finally lost the dwarf, she ran down a long stone corridor, her feet making soft echoes. She eventually reached a wooded area, the morning sunlight blocked by the trees surrounding her.

The sounds of frogs croaking made her feel like she was in a marshy land, but there was no marsh to be seen.

Watching her step, white orbs rolled toward her, and they turned up at her; they were eyes. She gasped and nearly jumped out of her skin when she moved and saw the eyes follow her.

The tapping of sticks and twigs echoed and created a catchy tune, drawing her deeper in the forest.

"Hello?" Her small voice shakily spoke.

Then out of the blue, a big reddish-orange creature jumped down from a tree, laughing maniacally.

"How ya doin' li'l lady?!" It's scratchy voice chimed.

Realizing she was on a timer, Raven backed away and ran back from where she came, but then another red creature jumped out at her.

"Where ya goin'?!" It laughed.

"Go away!" She pushed the creature aside. As she pushed it, the head came off like a glove and laughed like a psycho. Raven, scared out of her mind, smacked it away and ran as fast as she could.

When she reached the stone corridor, a door at the other end started to slowly close, and she just barely slipped through as she slammed it shut.

"Woah! Woah! Easy!" The door exclaimed. But Raven paid no attention to it and kept running, finding a different way to reach the castle.

She swore she could hear singing coming from the wooded area she just left; someone about a 'Fire Gang' and losing heads. Whatever they were, Raven hoped she wouldn't run into any more of them.