Chapter 12

Five moons passed since Swiftpaw's friend Breezetail moved to the nursery. She had two kits, almost ready to become apprentices.
---
'Nightpaw? Are you here?' Swiftpaw called for her friend. It was three nights after the Gathering when Swiftpaw met Minnowpaw, Nightpaw's sister. They wanted to speak with Swiftpaw alone, so they agreed to meet near the border of the two clans. She saw a black fur among with gray and soon she saw her two friends approaching her.
'Greetings Swiftpaw.' mewed Nightpaw touching her nose to Swiftpaw's.
'Good to see you again, Swiftpaw.' Minnowpaw repeated what Nightpaw did.
'You too!' Swiftpaw purred. 'What did you wanted to ask me?'
'Well, we heard rumors that your mother is Turtlestar, not Silvercloud. Is that true?' Nightpaw asked her, Swiftpaw could sense embarrassment flooding from her.
'Yes, it's true.' Swiftpaw mewed calmly.
'Then.. who was your father?' Minnowpaw asked.
'A cat named Fallowwhisker.' Swiftpaw answered.
Nightpaw and Minnowpaw were left breathless. What did I say?
'F-Fallowwhisker?' Nightpaw broke the silence.
'Yes... what's wrong?' Swiftpaw was embarrassed by their response.
'He.. He was our father too..' Minnowpaw's voice shook.
'What?! You are my half-sisters?!' Swiftpaw couldn't believe. Tell them, my daughter... You are kin. Mirror can't help without being noticed. There is one more to find. Follow dark path of Blood to find him..
---
The three apprentices were heading toward the Mirror stream. Swiftpaw told Nightpaw and Minnowpaw about the Five bells and the Mirror stream and she had to show them. As soon as they approached the clearing, Swiftpaw told them to keep quiet. As they approached the stream, Nightpaw and Minnowpaw let out a sigh. Even when it was daylight, there were three stars shining brightly.
'Drink a little. Then lay down, they will come.' Swiftpaw mewed, lapping some water and lay down to let the stars come. Nightpaw and Minnowpaw copied and laid beside Swiftpaw.
---
'W-Where are we?' Nightpaw cried out as she, Minnowpaw and Swiftpaw were left in pure darkness.
'Something is wrong..' Swiftpaw mewed quietly. 'Fallowwhisker? Icecloud? Owlstar?' She called for the havenly warriors that walked in the Mirror stream. There was no answer, everything was quiet.
---
Strong wind ruffled Swiftpaw's, Nightpaw's and Minnowpaw's fur. Soon they were fighting to keep their balance, wind was trying to blow them away.
'The wind... wait!' Swiftpaw called to her friends. 'Let go! Now!'
The three cats were carried away.
---
'Swiftpaw! Swiftpaw!' the voice calling her was so blurred. F-Fallowwhisker? She opened her eyes and saw the starry warrior standing next to her, nudging her to stand up. 'Nightpaw?! Minnowpaw?!' Swiftpaw cried out when she couldn't see her friends. 'Don't worry. They are here.' Fallowwhisker pointed with his tail to two she-cats that were trying to stand up with the help of Icecloud and Owlstar.
'Swiftpaw, great danger is coming.. you must go back imediatelly! Follow the path of Blood. They will show you the fifth. Now go to the waking world. Send Nightpaw and Minnowpaw home and run into camp. Go!' Fallowwhisker cried out and Swiftpaw was awake in the waking world.
'Go! If I will need help, I'll send somebody or come myself. There is great trouble in the camp!' Swiftpaw yowled and ran through the forest in the direction of Nightclan camp.
---
Shrieks of pain and agony sounded from the camp entrance as Swiftpaw neared it. 'Oh no! I'm too late!' she felt her anger rise inside her. Follow the path of Blood! Fallowwhisker's voice yowled. Swiftpaw hurled inside the camp to see a big battle raging. Bloodclan! She hurled herself into the battle, raking her claws on Moththorn's flank. She pinned him down and sank her teeth in Moththorn's throat. The cried in pain and tried to escape. Swiftpaw let go and Moththorn ran through the entrance, blood dripping from his pelt.
---
Swiftpaw saw Turtlestar fighting Clawstar by the Tallrock. She ran through the crowd of fighting cats and leaped on Clawstar's back, raking with her claws. When Turtlestar saw her on Clawstar's back, she bit his tail, making him yowl in pain. Clawstar leaped into the air and turned, so he crushed on his back with Swiftpaw on it. She cried in shock. Clawstar kicked off Turtlestar as she launched herself on him, and pinned Swiftpaw to the ground. But he left his soft belly open, Swiftpaw used her hind legs and threw him away, leaping into the air, and sank her teeth into back of Clawstar's throat. He colapsed to the ground, unmoving.
---
'Swiftpaw! Watch out!' Swiftpaw turned and saw Thistlepaw hauling himself in front of her. She realised that he was protecting her. Fallowfire launched herself at him, sinking her teeth into his back neck, clawing his ears and flank. But he fought her off, Swiftpaw and Thistlepaw laughing as she fled.
Great job, my daughter. You found them all.
---
'Thistlepaw, are you okay?' Swiftpaw looked for some deep wounds, but Thistlepaw had only some scratches.
'Fine. But go check Stormpaw, he was bleeding. I saw him carrying himself to the medicine den and he called to me to go find and help you.' Thistlepaw turned in the direction of the medicine den.
'Thank you, for everything.' Swiftpaw thanked him and ran into the medicine den.
---
Hollypaw was putting some cobwebs on his wounds, trying to stop the bleeding.
'Stormpaw!' Swiftpaw cried out when she saw her friend.
'Don't worry, Swiftpaw. He is young and strong. He will heal quickly.' Hollypaw reassured Swiftpaw. 'Greenleaf, Swiftpaw needs some cobwebs!'
'No I'm fine.' Swiftpaw mewed but Greenleaf aready started to clean her scratches.
---
By the time Greenleaf finished, Swiftpaw trotted into the clearing. She noticed Turtlestar with Snowclaw and Woolentail heading for her den. What are they up to? Swiftpaw wondered. As she was carried away in her thoughts, she almost crashed into Lionpaw. 'Swiftpaw! Are you alright?' Lionpaw seemed to be worrying about her again.
'Yes, fine, thanks. You?' Swiftpaw stopped and sat down.
'Few scratches, but Thistlepaw has worse. I saw him helping you. Fallowfire seemed to be stronger that normally.' Lionpaw's whiskers twitched in amusment.
'Yes-' Swiftpaw was cut out by Turtlestar's call.
'Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join here beneath the Tallrock for a Clan meeting!'
---
Cats began to crowd below the Tallrock, Swiftpaw and Lionpaw among them. She noticed Breezetail joining them with her two kits. A naming ceremony?
'Today, the attack of Bloodclan was won, without any death, but many bad wounds were taken and given. But I saw two cats fighting bravely. Snowclaw, Woolentail, did they fought well?' Turtlestar looked proudly on the two warriors.
'Like true warriors, Turtlestar.' Snowclaw meowed, Woolentail nodding her agreement.
'Then, Swiftpaw, Lionpaw, step forward.' Turtlestar ordered the two apprentices. I can't believe what's happening! We will be warriors!
'I, Turtlestar, leader of Nightclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these two apprentices. They've trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn.' Turtlestar's voice echoed in the bright light of sunset. 'Swiftpaw, Lionpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan even at the cost of your lives?'
'I do.' Lionpaw and Swiftpaw mewed.
'Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior names. Lionpaw, from this moment you will be known as Lionpelt. Starclan honors your loyalty and strengt and we welcome you as a full warrior of Nightclan.' Turtlestar leaped down and rested her muzzle Lionpelt's head. He bent down and gave her shoulder a respectfull lick. Then, he joined the warriors.
'Swiftpaw, from this day forward, you will be known as Swiftstream. Starclan honors your loyalty and strengt and we welcome you as a full warrior of Nightclan.'
She rested her muzzle on Swiftstream's head, and Swiftstream gave her a respectfull lick. 'Great job, my daughter. You made me so proud. And Fallowwhisker will be too.' She touched her nose to Swiftstream's.  I am, Turtlestar. Fallowwhisker's voice sounded next to Swiftstream.
'Lionpelt! Swiftstream!' Cats began to congratulate the two new warriors.
---
'There is one more naming ceremony to do.' Turtlestar leaped back on the Tallrock, signaling to the two of Breezetail's kits to step forward.
'From this day forward, until she will recieve her warrior name, this apprentice will be called Palepaw. And her mentor will be Swiftstream.'
Shocked mews sounded from the cats around Swiftstream. 'But she is barely a warrior! She isn't experienced!'
'Cats of Nightclan. I understand what you mean, but I trust Swiftstream with my life. I know what I'm doing. Palepaw couldn't be in better paws.' Turtlestar meowed. 'I will always trust her with my life. The truth is, that Swiftstream isn't daughter of Silvercloud and Blazewing. She is my daughter.'
'Turtlestar...' Swiftstream silwnced the shocked cats. 'There is no need. Choose a better cat for Palepaw as a mentor. They are right.'
'No Swiftstream. Palepaw is your apprentice now.' Turtlestar mewed.
---
'From this day forward, until she will recieve her warrior name, this apprentice will be called Rainpaw.' Turtlestar completed the naming ceremony. 'And her mentor will be Lionpelt. I trust these cats, Palepaw and Rainpaw will be trained good.'
This doesn't make sence.. she is just trying to make me and Lionpelt be closer!
Cats congratulated the two apprentices and they separeted. Lionpelt joined Swiftstream as she made her way into the clearing for the newly named warriors patrol. 'Thistlepaw and Strompaw will join you as warriors as soon as they'll be fully recovered.' Turtlestar mewed and shouldered her way into her den, followed by Woolentail.
She knows the right thing, Swiftstream. You can't live with a paw in two Clans.