Chapter 1

Love doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints.
---
That was the first thing she heard from her. It wasn't the sound of Swiftkit's mother, Silvercloud. It was Turtlestar's. But why? Why did she talked to her? Love doesn't discriminate.. well, whatever that meant, she will try to remember it.
---
,,Wake up, Swiftkit!" meowed Silvercloud, ,,look who came!"
She slowly opened her eyes. It was Turtlestar! She jumped and dipped her head.
,,No need, Swiftkit," mewed calmly Turtlestar, her pale blue eyes shone in darkness of the nursery, ,,why are you sleeping when there is such a beautiful, sunny day? I saw your denmates out playing." ,,Breezekit and Briarkit? Well.. I can't say we got along.. and anyway-" Swiftkit broke off when Silvercloud spoke:
,,She is here because she is.. different." ,,Different?!" meowed angrily Turtlestar, those pale blue eyes were now like blue fire.
,,Yes, Turtlestar. Different! She is faster than any other kit!" mewed Silvercloud angrily, ,, and with that speed I won't let her go out.."
,,Silvercloud, she needs to go. Soon she will be six moons old, she will become an apprencite," mewed Turtlestar, calming herself down, ,,let me take her out with me today. She will help me lead our clan." ,,What-" I couldn't find right words to speak. ,,Do you want, Swiftkit?" smiled Turtlestar and the light in her eyes seemed so warm. ,,Can I Silvercloud?" Swiftkit asked. ,,Yes, you can. Have a nice day! I'll go hunting." mewed Silvercloud.
---
Sun shone brightly and warmed up Swiftkut's tabby fur. In the darkness of nursery she saw only the dark stripes, now she could see that her fur is snow-white with almost black stripes. ,,You are like me, Swiftkit," Turtlestar broke the silence and my thoughts, ,,I was the same when I was younger." Swiftkit could hear the large breath she took. Was that wrong? Or right?
---
,,Confusing, right?" Turtlestar smiled at me and I saw something in those eyes. A special feeling.. She saw it with Breezekit and Briarkit. Or Longpaw and Sandpaw. A special feeling shr never knew. Was that love?
---
Swiftkit was helping Turtlestar whole day, so tiring.. but... she didn't feel tired. She felt only that special feeling. So warm and beautiful. ,,Swiftkit? Would you mind taking this sparrow to Greenleaf?" asked Turtlestar.
Greenleaf was our medicine cat, she was young and pretty. Her mother was expecting another litter of kits in nursery, Silvercloud liked to speak with her. ,,Of course! I'll be back soon!" Swiftkit mewed, cought the sparrow and ran to Greenleaf's den.
,,Greenleaf? Are you there?"
Swiftkit heard answer and managed to go in. In a small clearing with ferns all around it was sitting Greenleaf chewing some berries. ,,Welcome, youngster. Swiftkit, right?" said the pretty she-cat. ,,Yes. Turtlestar sent me to you with this sparrow." She answered. ,,Turtlestar sending kits to medicine cat? Without greencough or serious wound? Wow. There must be some story by it, I suppose." smiled Greenleaf. She was really friendly, she is a medicine cat, but she would made a great mother.. if medicine cats could have kits.
,,I'm helping her today! I'm doing everything I can to help. Silvercloud went on hunt so I'm finally out of the nursery. Hah.." Swiftkit said it like if there was fire burning her tail. ,,Is something wrong, Swiftkit?" Greenleaf broke the silence but then she froze. ,,G-Greenleaf? Are you fine?" Swiftkit didn't get any answer. It seemed like if Starclan took her.. but then she moved. ,,Swiftkit! Where is Turtlestar?! It's neccessary!"