Chapter 2

She ran through the fern tunnel, wind blowing in her face, Swiftkit stopped by the enter to Turtlestar's den. She called, but nobody answered. She ran to the clearing and stopped by the nearest cat.
,,Watch yout speed, youngster! You are not chased by dogs. What's the matter?" it was Morningpelt, one of the newest queens in the clan. ,,Where is Turtlestar?" Swiftkit asked, panting. ,,Just there" Morningpelt pointed with tip of her tail on place where Turtlestar was sitting and sharing tongues with Snowclaw. ,,Thanks!" She mewed and ran to Turtlestar.
,,Turtlestar! Neccessary! Something happened! Greenleaf!" Swiftkit meowed, panting badly. Turtlestar rose to her paws and ran to the fern tunnel that led to the Medicine cat's den. When Swiftkit realized, she followed more slowly. She stopped by the end of the tunnel, so she could hear what they are talking about.
,,Turtlestar," it was Greenleaf who spoke, ,,I recieved a new prophecy." ,,What prophecy?" meowed Turtlestar. ,,The One will save three," answered Greenleaf, continuing, ,, I saw a strange fur, I think it was him, Turtlestar. Only one another cat has the same. That snowy white and jet-black stripes. It must be him!" ,,But he is dead, Greenleaf. He is not the 'One' prophecy tells us about." mewed Turtlestar, her voice was a bit terrified. ,,You mean.. her?" Greenleaf looked into Turtlestar's eyes, widened with fear, ,,But, she is so young! Just a kit! She can't save us like this!" Turtlestar went on: ,,Not now, Greenleaf. When the time arise. And I'll make sure she will be prepared."
Jet-black stripes and snowy-white fur? But.. who had it? And.. why 'her'? Does it.. talks about.. me?
---
Three moons later...

Whatever happened that day, I will never forget. Now I'm six moons old. And Turtlestar just arrived to prepare my apprentice ceremony. Woah.. I'll be an apprentice! Well.. after the prophecy I don't think my life will turn out fine. The One will save three. I'm 'The One'. Then.. who's the 'three'? I will wonder about it later. Sun's setting, Silvercloud said she wants to groom me before the ceremony..
---
,,From this day forward, until she will recieve her warrior name, this apprentice will be called Swiftpaw." mewed Turtlestar. ,,Snowclaw," she went on, ,,you will be mentor to Swiftpaw. I hope you will pass all your loyalty, strengt and nobility to this young apprentice." ,,I will." Snowclaw mewed and came to me to touch our noses.
,,Swiftpaw! Swiftpaw!" my new name was echoing from every cat that circled around me and Snowclaw. ,,Don't forget to move to apprentices' den." meowed Snowclaw gently. I suppose he is a great father to Lionkit and Thislekit, Morningpelt's kits. They will soon be made apprentices too!
,,Hey Swiftpaw! Congratulations!" it was Thistlekit who mewed, his brother Lionkit by his side, ,,Yes, congrats!" ,,Thanks Thistlekit, thanks Lionkit. But you will be made apprentices soon too!" I mewed to them. We spoke to each other for a while, then they left. I went to the clearing where fresh-kill pile was.
,,Hey! Hey Crazypaw!" the laugher went from Longpaw, who was about to join warriors. Next to him was Sandpaw, arrogant she-cat only Longpaw, her parents and mentor loved I suppose. ,,Eh.. I'm Swiftpaw, not Crazypaw!" ,,Are you sure? Or maybe, you should be a kit still!" mewed Longpaw arrogantly, Sandpaw laughing next to him.
,,Hey! Leave her!" somebody yelled at them. I turned and saw Breezepaw, my denmate. ,,Or what, Breezie? Will you hurt me with your tiny claws?" Longpaw is really bad and more stupid then others. ,,Come here Swiftpaw, don't listen to them." called Breezepaw.
,,Eh.. hi Breezepaw." I mewed silently. ,,Oh don't be so shy! I know we didn't get along as kits, but now we are apprentices! Come with me, Briarpaw is waiting for us." Breezepaw meowed and trotted to the sandy clearing near the apprentices' den. ,,Briarpaw? I thought you don't want to talk." I mewed and followed her. I saw Briarpaw sitting with a squirrel below him. ,,What took you so long, Breezepaw? Hey Swiftpaw. Come and eat!"
---