Chapter 7

The dark night was almost over. Pale, orange light was begining to rise and stars, one by one, began to dissapear. Swiftpaw woke up from a good night sleep. She pushed through the entrance of the apprentices' den. As she stretched, she heard a mew from behind her. She turned to see Turtlestar.
---
'Hi, Swiftpaw. I want to talk to you. We'll hang for the moor.' Turtlestar spoke, then turned and headed toward the entrance of the camp. Why would she want to go to moor when Bloodclan was the biggest thread?
---
'Why are we going there?' Swiftpaw mewed when they reached the end of the forest and stepped on the moor. 'I have to tell you something..' Turtlestar sounded worried.
---
'What do you remember from your birth? The first thing you heard?' she asked Swiftpaw. 'Well.. it's a bit weird but.. I remember you. And.. some soft fur next to mine.' Swiftpaw answered and looked at Turtlestar,'but why? Why wasn't it Silvercloud?' 'Because.. she isn't your mother, Swiftpaw. And Briarpaw and Breezepaw aren't your kin.' Turtlestar stopped and looked at her. 'What?! How? Why?' Swiftpaw mewed, frustrated. 'It's hard.. but.. one cat gave you to her when Breezepaw and Briarpaw were two moons old. The cat... that cat was..' Turtlestar broke, as if she tried to find the right words,'that cat was.. me.'
---
'What?' Swiftpaw felt happiness. She wasn't angry at all. She found out her mother was the leader of Nightclan. Even better, she was the nicest cat she ever met! 'Aren't you dissapointed? That it's me?' Turtlestar asked. 'Why would I? You are my real mother! That's great!' she squeeked happily.
'But, that's not just why we are here. Follow me. You have got to meet somebody.' Turtlestar went on.
---

They followed a little path but suddenly, Turtlestar changed the direction. They were going on a rocky plain near the boundary. She slipped under a bush and dissapeared. Swiftpaw followed her. As she was under it, she saw Turtlestar creeping toward a holly-bush. Under the holly-bush, Swiftpaw saw a glimpse of movement. As she crept below it, she saw the she-cat that she met on the gathering quarter-moon before. Blue-eye!
-

--
'Thanks for coming Blue-eye.' Turtlestar greeted the soft-furred she-cat. After it, Blue-eye spoke.' Greetings, Swiftpaw. I am sorry that I took Petalpaw from you on that gathering. It wasn't the right time to speak together.' And now is? Swiftpaw asked herself in her mind. 'I came here with Petalpaw. Turtlestar, continue.' Blue-eye left the words for Turtlestar. 'Do you remember what you said about the soft fur next to yours when you were born? Well.. it was Petalpaw's.' Turtlestar went on. Swiftpaw couldn't believe. 'That.. that means-' 'Yes Swiftpaw, Petalpaw is your sister.' Turtlestar said before Swiftpaw could. 'That's why you said "again"? You remembered me?' 'Yes, I opened my eyes sooner than you. And then, our father took me to Bloodclan.' Petalpaw mewed. 'Wait. You were taken there by Fallowwhisker, right? That means.. he is mine father!' Swiftpaw was happy. She new Fallowwhisker died when Clawstar found out the truth that Petalpaw is his foster-daughter. But he was a brave warrior, swift and clever. 'Now you know the truth. Thank you for meeting us Blue-eye and Petalpaw.' then she turned to face Swiftpaw,' let's go back. It'll soon be sunhigh. I want you to go with Snowclaw on sunhigh patrol.'
As they headed back, Swiftpaw weaved her tail to say good bye to her sister. She was happy to know she has a sister. She couldn't believe that she didn't found out sooner, they looked almost the same only Petalpaw was silver-gray tabby and Swiftpaw white with black stripes.