Chapter 9

Swiftpaw stayed where she was. She couldn't believe her eyes. Had her father, Fallowwhisker, told her what to do to save the clans? She wanted to drink the water, but as she looked on the surface, she saw a cat. Stars shone around her white pelt. 'Welcome, Swiftpaw.' the cat greeted her. Swiftpaw recognised Icecloud. 'Come. Follow me.'
---
Swiftpaw rose to her paws and padded through the stream. But the she-cat stopped her. 'No. Not toward me. Look into the water.' Icecloud mewed and dissapeared under the water a fox-lenght away from Swiftpaw. She crept toward the place and then, dived into the water. She found herself in a tunnel in the stream. She saw Icecloud dissapearing in the tunnel and she followed her. Soon, she felt as if she was drowning.
---
Ah! Icecloud! Help me! Swiftpaw called in her mind. Then a she heard a sound,'Don't worry. You're among us.' Then, Swiftpaw opened her eyes. She was on a clearing, so far from her clan but so close to her ancestors. 'Don't be afraid, dear Swiftpaw, you are alive. We have to share with you this place. Welcome to Starclan.' Icecloud touched Swiftpaw's shoulder with her tail. Suddenly, two cats arrived. One of them was Fallowwhisker, Swiftpaw's father and the second was Lilyheart, beautiful cream-colored she-cat with bright green eyes. Lilyheart died before Swiftpaw was born, but she knew that she was Turtlestar's best friend. 'Swiftpaw, there is a great destiny in front of you, too dangerous for a warrior to bear. That's why we called you.' Lilyheart spoke,'This stream you crossed to meet us is the Mirror stream. It's a gate to both Starclan or the Dark forest. In wrong paws, it could be very dangerous. But we know that you can be trusted. With powers of all our warrior ancestors, I give you the power of the Mirror stream. You will be able to talk with us and meet us anytime.' Then, Fallowwhisker came forward. 'With the power of Mirror stream comes a life of one of your ancestors. With this life, I give you strenght. Use it well to save the clans and the Five bells of your heart.' As he spoke, he touched Swiftpaw's nose with his.
---
The life rushed through Swiftpaw as a powerful wave. As she opened her eyes, she was back in the forest. The last thing she heard was Icecloud's voice. 'Be strong and think of what is right. Decide with your heart, not mind. Feel what's good. Today is your beginning and when the time will arise, you will walk a path of the greatest cats.'