Chapter 8

Crescent moon was high above the tree tops and shone with bright, silver light. A shadow ran through the forest, fast as anything else. It was a cat! Bright blue eyes shone in the darkness as suddenly the moon dissapeared. The night was dark. Stars were shining dull, slowly dissapearing. The cat turned her head and saw an eerie light, beginning to shine brightly. The cat went towards it. As she was only a fox-lenght from it, it changed it's color to a bloody red. It felt as if the light was swallowing her. The cat tried to run away. As she ran, she found herself in a dark place near the misty wall. The mist wasn't clear at all, but she could make out the stars behind it. Suddenly, the dull stars began to move and appeared from the misty wall. They discovered three cats. One of them was a brown tabby she-cat, second a pure white she-cat and the third was creamy-white tom. Owlstar, Icecloud and Dawnpatch!
'Welcome, Swiftpaw. Follow us.' mewed Owlstar as she made her way through the dark forest.
'Where are we?' Swiftpaw asked the leader that ruled Nightclan before Turtlestar. 'This, my dear, is the Place of No Stars, also known as the Dark forest. Cats that roam here did the biggest mistakes and many times broke the warrior code.' It was Icecloud who spoke. She was mentor to Greenleaf. 'We came to give you this vision.' mewed Dawnpatch as they came to a bright blue pool. Dawnpatch signaled with his tail to Swiftpaw to look in it. Cats began to appear and dissapear, Swiftpaw smelled fear and anger. But then, the terrifying smell came to her. Blood! The pool became red as blood, sticking to paws of terrified cats and trapping them. No! Do something! Don't let them die! Swiftpaw yowled. But as she opened her eyes again, she found herself alone. Only voice of Icecloud remained.
Blood will spill blood..
And .. Fire and Ice will meet in a battle against each other and blood will be spilled.
---
'No!' Swiftpaw yowled as she woke up. It was a dream! 'Shut your whiskers, Swiftpaw, somebody wants to sleep when they can!' an anxious mew came from Sandpaw.
---
Swiftpaw rose to her paws and padded across the camp to the entrance. She pushed through the gorse tunnel and ran into the forest. She tried not to follow the paths cats laid when they were up for a patrol.
---
She let her paws to carry her and soon she found herself in a dark place. She turned and saw an eerie light. It was blue-white, as if thousands of stars collide. She went toward it and the light began to grow. It realy were stars!
As they moved, a cat appeared out of them. It was Icecloud! Icecloud dissapeared into bushes, signalling to Swiftpaw to follow. She went after Icecloud into bushes and as she came out of them, she found herself on a small clearing with stream. She was thirsty, so she went to it. As she crouched to lap from the stream, she saw her reflection. At least she thought it was her reflection. The cat hadn't one stripe that went down from each of her eye.
'Father?' Swiftpaw called,'Fallowwhisker! Is that you?' The cat slowly nodded, then spoke. 'Be brave, my daughter. Four cats must collide to save the clans. It's up to you now. Find them. And get help from the Five bells you will find in your heart.' Then, he dissapeared.