Chapter 28

I woke up this morning completely feeling unattractive. I wasn’t able to sleep well because just when I thought I’d do fine, these butterflies in my stomach chose to bother me at the last minute. I’ve been thinking last night of what would happen today and it ended up giving me eyebags.

 We arrived at the venue.

“You look really ugly” Justine said as I enter the dressing room. A girl was putting make up on his face. Another girl came to me holding a make-up brush but I just waved at her.

“I just want you to hide my eyebags since I wasn’t able to sleep last night. That face must be a lot of work huh?” I said to the girl putting Justine’s make up which made her giggle as I sat at a chair facing a mirror.

“Ouch” he said holding his hand to his chest. I smirked at him and the other girl started doing my hair.

I haven’t got any messages today. Not a single ‘good luck’ message even from Chanyeol who had always messaged me on the silliest and most random days. Even Baekhyun didn’t bother messaging me.

“And you were so confident when I left you yesterday” said Justine pulling a chair and sat beside me. Funny how round the world is. Yesterday he was the one who was freaking out that I thought he would bail on me today. Now I’m the one who wants to run away and stay under my bed on a fetal position.

“Sounds like your completely happy about it.” I narrowed my eyes at him. My heart’s been racing fast. My hands are sweating when they never even did before.

I got startled when Justine suddenly pulled my hand, enclosed it with both his hands and pulled it closer to his face. “Just imagine that you’re performing to the most important person in your life. Just imagine me” he was trying to imitate Baekhyun’s voice with large puppy eyes and a completely uncomfortable pout.

“You look like a dead duck.” I said pulling my hand from his. He just laughed. “I’m not going to think of you. I’m going to think of him” I said trying to sound as evil as I can be.

“TssSss. I know that you know that I've had a crush on you. Remember that we are going to spend eternity together Angel. Don’t get used to hurting my feelings.” he joked while standing from his seat going back to where his make-up artist is.

“Eternity? Then I’d rather escape now that it’s not official yet!” I joked again. I got used to mocking Justine around not afraid that I might get to his bad side. Because I know that in my every snarky remark, he has an equally annoying comeback.

“Ohh. No need to joke around. I know you’re dying to spend eternity with me, love” he said giving me a wink that I felt like puking right there.

“Eww.” I fake gagged. “Never ever call me that ever again!”. I just heard him laugh.

I closed my eyes and tucked my headphones to listen to our music. I took deep breaths to calm my nerves. The showcase starts in 2 hours so I decided to take a nap first.

“Angel. Angel..” I felt a shake on my shoulder. I removed my headset I can already hear full volume music from outside. I saw Justine already prepped up with his mic and his outfit. For a second I was struck in awe. He was wearing a rather fitted black shirt with the words "I'm a star" printed in front , dark ripped jeans and a brand new gray rubber shoes. His hair was gelled to perfection and so was his make up. The girl made a really good job with him. He has a large bling bling around his neck with a letter J. Wow, he looks like a real star already.