The Next Chapter

It’s time.

I can’t believe this day actually came. Things have been happening so fast and before I realize it this day has already come. I am really excited and at the same time nervewracked. There are too many 'what ifs' running inside my head but one thing is for sure, I want this.

I’m going to find her. My mother. I am going to find her by all means and by a slight possibility bring her back.

Maybe, just maybe I can still fix this family. My father may be hopeless but I won’t be giving up just yet. I don't know what I want to do with my life, might as well live it with no regrets. My father won't explain anything to me so I might as well find the answers for myself.

I still remember a month ago. That verbal duel I had with my father after graduation day when I told him I want to find my mother.

~~

“I want to find my mom” I cut him off

He looked at me like he is shooting me with daggers. I took a step back “NO” he shouted at me with his stone cold face.

“You don’t understand!” I can only whisper.

“No, Angel, You’re the one who doesn’t understand. It’s a NO, nobody’s leaving this house”

“I’m not actually asking for your permission. Whatever you say I’m going. I only told you via the little respect left in me for you”

“Then what? What will you do when you find her?” he asked challenging my motives but I choose not to sway to him.

“I’ll bring her home, and by any chance fix whatever we have here”

“You’re such a kid. She left for a reason Angel, respect that!”

“Then tell me the reason!”

“You won’t understand”

“Then I’ll go ask her. If and only if I find her reason reasonable enough I’ll come back, and.. apologize to you”

“Why are you like this all of a sudden, are everything I'm giving you not enough for you to just stay here and enjoy everything I lay out in front of you?”

"I never said I wanted everything you're giving me!"

"But it's what you need"

“You talk like you see me every day. Nana Pia raised me, not you. I'm nothing like you. I know what's more important in life unlike you."

“Fine, go! One day you’ll realize what I’m telling you right now. You’re wasting your time” and with that he left.

~~~

That was the longest talk we’ve had ever and it’s not even a good talk. At least I’m going and he is not stopping me. I’ll find mom’s reason soon and I'll prove how wrong he is with everything.

The silence inside the room was suddenly cut off by my phone ringing. It’s May.

“Hey” I answered

“So how are you feeling? Are you excited?” She asked

“Of course I am. But I am a bit uneasy too.”

“What for?”

“Seeing her”

“She’s your mother Angel. She’ll accept you no matter who you are and it’s not like your some alcohol-drinking, god-forbidden gangster who’s got no dreams in life. I've only been friends with for a short period of time and i can already say who you are. You’re a good person although you’re a heaven reject.”