Unplanned

It's been a week since I got to Korea. I'm still on the verge of digesting everything that has happened to me.

This is not what I planned.

I opted to find her, bring her back, try to fix everything and live a happy life. At one point I thought I'd finally know what it really feels like to have your mom and your dad with you to take care of you, teach you, love you.

It's been a week. I left out a sigh. Another tear made its way out of my eye. I closed my eyes.

~~

"Nana this is it. This is the address." I excitedly told her.

Upon arriving to Korea, we made our way to the address dad has given me. After a few asking and counting of house numbers, we finally saw it, the house where she lives in.

I'm finally meeting her. My mother. I know she left me before but I never felt any hatred against her I'm actually looking forward to meeting her.

"Go on dear, knock" Nana said. I walk on the front porch. I took a deep breath and knocked softly. No one was answering. I knocked again, harder this time but still no one was answering. I was getting nervouse with each knock I made. Why is she not answering?

"Is this the right address?" I turned to look at Nana who was comparing the paper and the address of the house.

"It is. Try knocking again. Maybe she's sleeping" she answered. I nodded and knocked again a lot harder.

"Excuse me, who are you" someone peaked at the side of the house.

Is she my mom? I thought to myself.

"Ahh, Does Kim Yun Seo live here?" Nana asked.

"Ooohh, Yun Seo. Yes she lives here. Who are you?" My heart suddenly jumped at the ladies remark. It is really here.

"I'm her daughter." I answered. She looked at me in the eyes and smiled.

"So you are Angel?" she asked

"Yes I am." I answered.

"You have grown really pretty. Come inside." She gestured and we followed her in.

"Yun Seo lives here by herself. We have been friends for 18 years. She used to tell me about you. She would cry until she sleeps at night thinking about you" She said as she handed me a picture of a lady holding a baby.

"Is this me?" I asked.

"Yes that's you and that's your mother. That's the only picture she has of you that's why it's her most treasured possession" I smiled as a tear fell down my cheek.

"She's really beautiful" I said as I mesmerized on her beautiful face.

"Yes she is, and so are you"

"Where is she?" I turned to the lady.

She frowned and bowed her head "The truth is.. I don't really know." She said "You see 2 days ago, someone called her. Yesterday she left and I don't know where she went. I don't know when she's coming back or if she will ever come back again"

This is the one thing that I have feared. I knew the possibility of her purposely hiding from me can happen.

Tears now streamed down my face. This is not part of my plan. Why did she left.

"What do you mean?" I sobbed.

"Yesterday she was packing her things. I was beside her. She was crying. All she told me was 'Someone special is going to look for me, let them stay in my house, I don't know how long they'll stay just let them be'"