Chapter 27

Everything that happened to me, why I am here right now, how I got where I am, can be traced to one and only one reason—my mother.

I came to Korea to find her. I accepted becoming a trainee in hopes of making it easier to find her. In all honesty, at one point in this short journey that I have been, I forgot about her. I forgot my ultimate purpose.

But he reminded me. No, he turned it into reality.

Byun Baekhyun just made me realize once again that he really is my savior, that he really is my light.

I can see him from the corner of my eyes, how sincerely happy he looks at us. I still can’t believe it myself but he really did, he reunited me with my mother.

I wiped the tears streaming down my face so I can flash the brightest smile I will ever be showing in my whole life.

“Hi mom” I greeted her with all the happiness I feel radiating in my words. She didn’t answer me instead she went out of the counter, made her way beside me and enveloped me in her arms.

So this is how it feels to be hugged by my mother. It feels warm, safe and most of all comforting. It’s like all the problems I am currently facing right now have vanished into thin air blown by the winter wind away so I would never think of them ever again.

“I’m sorry” she whispered her voice still trembling from crying. I tried patting her back..

How would I ever get angry with her when she makes me feel this way—loved.

“I forgive you” I whispered back as I erased every memory I had where I wish I had a mother. The past is not important to me anymore. What’s more important is that she is here with me and will never leave again..

---

We were sitting at a table. I was sitting beside Baekhyun while mom was in front of us, sipping our hot coffees. We were still at my mom’s coffee shop. A lot of ‘sorry’s and I forgive you’s have been exchanged by the two of us in the past hour.

“I kind of had this gut feeling when I came here the last time, so I figured there’s no harm in trying” Baekhyun finished narrating how he found out about my mom. My mom on the other hand didn’t stop from thanking him over and over that I bet he’s ego is going to lift him to the air anytime.

“Well. I guess I owe you this time again” I turned to look at him. Despite all of that I said, I’m a million times more thankful of him for doing this for us.

“I’m glad Angel found herself a worthy boyfriend” she said looking intently at Baekhyun. I on the other hand felt my face turn into the reddest tomato in the world.

Baekhyun just chuckled. Why is he chuckling? Why didn’t he say we weren’t really a couple?

I sighed. “He is not my boyfriend mom.” I said to her and she was completely taken aback. Did she really think we were going out together?

“Well I surely didn’t expect that. I thought you two were a thing. Forgive me for my unjustified speculations” she apologized but I can sense in her tone that she’s not completely sincere with apologizing. Her eyes were acting, her lips formed into a slight smile.

“It’s okay eomoni.. I’m honored to be linked with our soon artist here” Baekhyun paying off her smile.

My mother literally stood from her chair and covered her mouth with both her hands. Well she doesn’t look so surprised at all. Please note my sarcasm.

“You’re a trainee? You’re going to debut? From what company? Is it from SME? When will it be? I need to find myself a decent dress to wear” she said in one breath and started pacing back and forth.