Except, I'm no genius

This is a thought that I have been keeping for days--probably even weeks now. I actually didn't think this even mattered though, it's too personal, I think. The thing is- I have been watching the entire series of the popular anime Naruto and after being in complete understanding with my now favorite character, I decided to write it down.

First, I think I have to introduce this character. If you watched the anime then you're probably familiar with Shikamaru Nara. Yes THAT Shikamaru Nara. Among fellow anime fans, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one in love with him.

Shikamaru Nara is that dude who has ZERO motivation in doing absolutely everything. He was that student who falls asleep on classes, skips classes and doesn't put an ounce of effort on activities. His greatest dream is to spend the rest of his life lying in a wooden duvan watching the clouds all day. It's a lame dream if you ask me and is probably only an excuse to be lazy.

Despite being the lazy ass that he is, he's still one heck of a genius. Yes, he is one of those savage students we envy who doesn't study but still tops everything, does everything perfectly without effort and could solve in intense pressure. He thinks everything is troublesome and a pain but he still does them anyway. And he does them magneficently. He was young but the leader of their village lets him plan for the village itself. He is that good.

He may be the most lazy, unmotivated, uninspired, passionless character but he still turned out to be one of the best characters for me solely because I see myself in him.

Shikamaru and I are alike--except I'm no genius 😂

I'm the kind of person who's solely motivated by the profit. Yep, I'm really bringing myself down right now. I work just for the money. I get up just to get the day done with then lies down again. Surely, I'm not the only person who think their jobs suck but has no choice because apparently the world runs around money. I have always wondered "when will I ever get to work just because I have fun doing it?" Or that I'd actually volunteer to work extra hours because why not? I'm happy with it.

Sadly, I'm in that moment where I'd be out of the place as soon as I'm allowed to. I'm not going to waste anymore time there-- unless again I'm gonna get paid for the extra seconds (which most often doesn't happen). Wow I'm seriously destroying myself af right now. 😑😑

I'm a nurse by the way. I'm not discouraging nursing students and telling them to quit it before they regret it in the end (though I might have told some student nurses affiliated to us something along those lines 😬😬) but this is something for you to ponder on. Being a nurse is a very noble job. Sometimes a little too noble. Think about this:

1) You work different shifts. Your body clock is smashed into bits and pieces on just your first month. If you work where I work you may have a schedule like this 11pm-7am sleep for 5 hours wake up for a 3pm-11pm shift sleep for another 5 hours then wake up for a 7am-3pm shift. If you think this is easy then try it after you tried reviving three dying patients at the same time in EVERY shift.

2) you don't have weekends, no holidays, no sembreaks, no christmas vacations, no summer vacations. There's a storm and cars are flying in the streets? Who the fuck cares! You still have to go to work!  (Teachers have all these breaks and priveledges, go and become a teacher. Respect to teachers! I love them that I actually want to be one myself)  And you'd be lucky enough if you can get that double off request in that schedule. Plus, leaves are strict. If you're sick you have to prove it, like you literally need to go to them burning, breathless and dying. You'd also have to sacrifice a looooot like your brother's college graduation, your mom's birthday, your family's very first OUT OF THE COUNTRY trip because they wouldn't approved your vacation leave 😟 also you'd probably have to sacrifice your relationship which eventually would lead your boyfriend breaking up with you because you got called in as a reliever on your fucking anniversary.