XX

XX

Jenna wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks. She watched Lily doing the same. It was a joyful reunion of old school friends.

"Do you know Samantha.....," Lily started.

"I know, I know," Jenna cut her off.

"But how....." Lily spoke with surprised tone. "......oh yeah. Ian must have told you," she added as soon as she realized.

"No, its not him. It was his...." Jenna couldn't end cos the door to the cabin opened and her eyes went wide in disbelieve. She made eye contact with that person and learnt a lot within a second to compose herself to not to speak further.

Sean entered the room and avert his gaze from the guest to Lily and back to her.

"Oh Sean, you're here. I was expecting you." She welcomed him with a wide smile. Then expecting someone with him she looked behind him.

Sean understood what was she searching. Keeping his hand on her shoulder, he spoke, "she is on her way. So, I suppose celebration is on its way. I can smell it all the way to the kitchen." He jest.

"Of course." Lily spoke and walked past him to stand next to Jenna. "And we have another reason for celebration too." Her eyes found Jenna and found her eyes moistened. "This is my friend, Jenna." She introduced Sean to her guest. "And Jenna, this is Sean, Samantha's friend and my manager."

"Uh.....I was," Sean corrected her.

"Oh yes, how did I forget. He got a new job in the city so it a triple celebration time." Lily smiled and started walking towards the door. "Come, lets get ready."

"No, I must get going. I don't want to cause Samantha any discomfort."

"Nonsense. I know my girl. She will think nothing of that short." Lily's face turned serious before she spoke. "But if you have any prior engagement, I'll not hold you back."

"Now, you know, there is nothing like enjoying your delicious dishes and I would have love too, but I need to be somewhere today. But I promise, I'll meet you soon, Lily." Jenna picked up her belonging and walked up to Lily. "Very soon, in fact." Jenna's eyes held a promise which Lily would never question.

Jenna made eye contact with the other occupant of the room. Both nodded to each other which Lily missed. As she walked towards the door, she and Sean were having a silent conversation. A muted conversation which could be understood only by them. Lily didn't notice any exchange nor she was trying. Her mind was in the kitchen for tonights celebration.

. . .

The loud honking followed by the shuffling noises outside the kitchen alerted Lily that Samantha was there. As she was making her way to the front she heard her laughing along with Sean. She admired how happy her daughter looked. After a long time she had seen that on her daughter's face.

"You drove this huge machine." Sean asked looking amusedly at the new car.

"Yeah, talk about perks of working as a company lawyer." She replied with pride filled tone, but inside she knew how she came to drive that new car. Thinking about Ian doesn't make her heart cringe at the old memories. It was no longer a sour topic for her and after meeting him today, she was determined to find answers to her eight years old questions.

"A penny to those thoughts." Sean was leaning on one of the empty table, quietly studying her. He wonder what was going on in her mind. He knew after that trip things were different. Samantha was different. He could feel it in her, but he was not to indulge into those thoughts for now.

"Hmmm." She looked away from his intense stare. She felt his uneasy when he looked at her like that. It was as if he was peeling her thoughts for the truth.

"So, how is your new job going?" She asked in an attempt to change the topic.

Before he could say anything, Lily's voice made him to turn towards her. Samantha saw her mother wiped few tears and she frowned looking at her. She stepped forwards and took her mother into a big hug.

"Mom, why these tears now?"

"Theses are tears of happiness." Lily spoke and wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks. "Now, come on, your dad is waiting for you."

James had a big smile playing on his lips when they all entered the living room. Both father and daughter chatted while Lily went to garnish few dishes before she laid out the dinner. Sean tagged along with her and helped her spreading the plates and dishes.

"Mmmm....can't wait to taste them." Sean spoke eyeing all the different dishes.

Lily laughed at his enthusiasm, while Samantha walked out strolling her father's wheelchair.

"I see the evening is already set with a good mood." She mentioned the exchange between Sean and Lily. She wheeled James to the head of the table and turned the locks of the wheel and settled next to him.

Lily laughed again, remembering how impatient Sean was few minutes back.

"What took you so long?" Sean enquired.

"And I thought I'm the only person eagerly waiting for it." Samantha zest, Sean frowned.

It felt so good now that the tension between them was not as awkward as it was before, but it was still hanging behind their minds. Even thought both had avoid making eye contact, few small talks and quick glances were stolen. Few smiles were also got exchanged.

Samantha knew she couldn't hide things from Sean. He had the skill to learn it without her speaking about it. But this time she couldn't let him. She shouldn't tell him.

It was in the past. Her past and she would deal with it alone. Deal with Ian. Alone.

Decision made. With that she decided to enjoy the rest of the evening by not thinking of Ian at all.

.......

Been a long time. A year.

Hope u all like this part.

LOVE Jenny