VII

VII

Samantha was fidgeting with her hair and tucking her dress over and over again. 

“Will you stop making a fool of yourself?” Kelly whispered in her ear.

They both got ready and were now sitting with other guest in the living room.

Samantha was nervous and does not know what to do. Sitting directly opposite to Ian was making her more conscious. Whenever she turned her head, Ian was looking at her. His eyes never left hers. She felt his gaze, even if she was not paying attention to him.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. Today is your day. Make the most of it and focus on Nathan” Samantha mentioned darting her eyes towards Nathan. Nathan was looking at Kelly as if she was a piece of cake. 

"Such a tease”. Kelly followed Samantha's gaze and saw the smile on Nathan's face, as soon as she found his eyes. He winked at her, making her turn a shade of pink. 

“Always”. Samantha shrugged and smile meekly. She dared a looked at Ian's direction, when he was busy in a conversation with Jake. She could properly look at him, taking in his appearance.

He was clad in a simple jeans and t-shirt, yet he was looking so delectable. How can someone be so appealing yet so enticing? He looked really fresh and his smile was complimenting his happiness.

Within second, he turned and caught her watching him. 

Oh, busted. She immediately averted her gaze, but she could hear his light chuckle.

Turning her head, she found Ian smiling at her. She could not help, but smile back.

. . .

Ian was sitting at the bar stool with a clear view for him to see her face. She was doing that again. Since the time both the girls had joined them, Samantha was very quietly sitting her by friend side and fidgeting with whatever her hand could reach on to. She looks nervous. He wanted to smooth those worry lines off her face. She looked like she had sucked in a large gulp of air and trying to swallow it, only that it felt like a solid rock instead of air. 

He looked at her when he saw her smiling and amazed that she didn't turn away instead smiled back. Sweet and musical. That did it. He was sure now she would listen to him, but still doubtful. He wanted to talk to her, obviously not with an audience. He will wait for his time for the opportunity. 

Ian felt Nathan’s hand on his shoulder. “Isn't she is looking beautiful?” Nathan asked Ian adoring his fiance with a broad smile on is face. 

“Yes, she is.” Ian sign, gaze never strayed from Samantha’s face. He still could not take his eyes off her, especially when those slow and shy smiles were playing on her face.

. . .

Samantha shifted her gaze and saw Nathan lusting over his fiance. She nudged Kelly with her elbow to remind her of Nathan. When Kelly just directed her gaze towards Nathan and he was still focused on her and winked when their eyes meet. Kelly blushed and averted her gaze. 

“I didn't know, you could do that” Samantha teased her friend when she saw her face.

“Oh, shut up” Kelly felt embarrassed being caught with her little exchange. She blushed more. If that’s even possible.

“See! you did it again”

“Will you stop being such a tease? Just wait for me to get back to you for this.” Kelly threatened harmlessly.

Samantha gave her a wicked smile and pulled her up, to help serving the drinks. Samantha could not bear to stay in the same room with Ian, looking at her like this. Her best escape was to leave this room and when she saw Kelly’s mother getting up to get the drinks, she decided to help.