XII

XII

Friday arrived faster than Samantha had anticipated.

Now, standing on her front porch, she was waiting for Sean to pick her, to go to Kelly's house. All had decided to meet there and from there they would decide on.

All this while standing there, her mind had not stopped thinking about Ian. She knew that as per the plan, she had to ride with Ian, but that was until she pulled Sean into the picture. Now, she had no idea what was going to pass off, as Ian didn't know the change in plan.

Suddenly a thought hit her like a bulb glowed, invading the darkness. She fished out her phone and connected to Kelly's number.

"Hey Samie" Kelly cheerful voice greeted her.

"Hey, what time we're leaving?" Samantha asked, as she thought that if she picked up a normal conversation instead of asking directly about Ian, chances are, Kelly won't get any ideas.

"Why, what happen? You're not bailing on us, right?" Kelly suddenly turned all concerned.

"Oh, no, no, no. Not that, just wanted to know......"

"Hey, hold on....." Kelly intrrupted her.

"Listen...." Before she could say more Kelly was gone. She could just hear her speaking to someone. 'It's Samie, talk to her'

"Hey beautiful" A male voice greeted her.

"Who?" Samantha had heard that voice before, but wanted to be careful not to be in an awkward situation, by guessing the wrong name.

"Did you already forgot your ex-boyfriend?" He asked.

"Nathan" She brought  the confirmation, as soon he teased her. Only Nathan could be so loud about it.

"Who else could it be, sweetheart" He teased. "So, what's going on? When are you reaching?"

"Yeah, about that..."

"Oh wait, Ian was your alloted pick up. He has not reach there yet. Where is that asshole?" Nathan voice came as concerned as Kelly.

Why is everyone sound so not bothered to listen to me?

"No, please listen to me" Her voice fell onto deaf ears and she heard Nathan talking over his phone to.....whom, Ian. Oh great. She let out a breath of defeat.

As soon as she flipped her phone from one ear to another, she heard the roar of engines.

Now what happens? What am I suppose to do?

She lifted her travel bag and jotted down the stairs, only to come face to face with both the men.

This is so not happening.

"Ummm...Hi" She greeted them both together. Not sure whom to speak to first.

"Hi" Came the answer in unison. Both the men exchanged glances and looked at her for an explaination.

She bit on her lower lip and groaned. So unlady like. She scolded herself.

"Sean, meet Ian" She turned to introduce both men. "And Ian, this is Sean" She came closer to stand next to Sean.

Sean immediately turned protector and pulled her to him, to wrap his arm around. "Her boyfriend" He said.

Samantha rolled her eyes at him, hearing his declaration.

Ian's expression changed and she could see that he didn't like the sound of it. More for the fact that he didn't like Sean.

Samantha suddenly got a feel that, this trip was going to a practicing ground for arm wrestling.