II

II

Ian's agitation got better of him as the rain played havoc in his plan. It had been one hour now and the clock said, four thirty. Bad weather and no service station around….as he sat inside the car, thinking what to do next.

After waiting for sometime, the storm got lighter and the rain had reduced to a light drizzle.

He was halfway through, when his car broke down, due to some problem in the mechanics of the engine.

Looks like, you too have caught a cold.

He had called his regular car service centre, but it’s of no avail. They would take time to reach him. He called Jenna and spoke to her about the delay, which didn't sound good as he had made his mother more worried.

In his excitement to meet his mother after four months, he skipped his lunch and merely had something. Now he was hungry. Too bad, he never thought of a take-away.

He saw a truck approaching, in the rearview mirror. He got out of his car and asked for a ride, to the nearest service station. He got a drop to the nearby gas station and on enquiry realized that, the service station has been closed down recently.

Hard luck.

He has no idea what to do now, he seriously needed a cup of coffee. He headed out and walked few crosssections in search of a café. After a call to his car service station, he informed about his location and went in search of some nutrition. 

Now standing in front of Slug and Lettuces, he took in the view before him. He remembered this place. Had vivid memories of someone. But he knew that was ages ago and now was the present in front of him.

Things had changed over the years.

Standing there in front of him was a 19th century palatial high rise building. Though the building has been demodulated, but still the beauty of the old building had been preserved in many ways.

All in all, it looks majestic. The main building was to be an Irish pub with was attached with a snug bar, selling rich Irish whisky and beer. The pub was made entirely of wood and brick, with windows covering the major part of the wall. There are buckets, tins and oil lamps hanging from hook on the high roof. There was a large fireplace to one side. There was an entertainment area allotted to dance and music with a flat HD TV for the game lovers to watch during the season. 

He remembered, coming here. How he used to liked the old place. Those fond memories still found him in his dreams.

Now the change was welcoming, as the cafe had been extended from the main building and the new owner had done a fantastic work by preserving the old beauty of the building.

The café and the restaurant were separated via a half red-bricked wall, which were the extension from the main old building builds in recently. The western wing of the place was full glass fitted from roof to floor.

As he entered, he saw very few people. Looked like regulars as they were enjoying themselves over a glass of beer.

He immediately made a beeline entry towards the café. 

Once he took a seat, by the corner booth of the window side, he waited to place his order. He looked around and realized that the waiting staff were few. Might be an off day or it might be rain.

Then, his eyes drew at the sound of musical laughter. He knew that sound. It was familiar. His eyes turned towards the sound, by its own accord.

Samantha was talking to Sean standing by the counter taping her foot. He always had a witty sense of humor. She was having hard time gasping for air in between her breathless laughs.