XVII

XVII

"So, how is the nose?" Kelly asked. She picked up her coffee cup and sipped a considerable amount to please her dry throat.

"It will leave a scar." Samantha pointed at the black, dented area on her nose. Although the pain was substAntially  tolerable, but the point was still tender.

"Hmm." Kelly considered, with a mouthful of food.

Samantha looked up, at the noise of the door creek and her eyes locked with Ian. He had a distant look and his eyes looked tired with dark shadows. 

As he walked towards the table her eyes followed his movement. He had a battled look that concerned her. She wondered if it was because of yesterday night. If she was the reason. 

"Hey man." Nathan stood to give place for him. They both hugged and Ian settled in, two place opposite to her. 

He glanced up to meet her eyes, but flinched when he saw that scowl on her face. She is still angry. His eyes lingered over her injured nose and his skin pulled at the feeling of the pain. It doesn't fit her face. His blood boiled thinking about it. More so that he knew it was not an accident. It was a calculated attempt to harm her. But who would do that

Few minutes back after that call ended, he prompted his informant to look out for any suspicious activities around the hotel. This brought him face to face with the one person he hadn't spoken to, for a very long time. Although it didn't go well, but he was sure that something was not good. 

As he steeled himself for the unknown possibilities, his ears perked up when he heard Samantha's musical laughter ringing his ears. Thought it was filled with retrain due to the pain, but it felt so good to hear it. He felt himself mimicking her action, only to realize the source of that smile was the person sitting on her right. 

Sean whispered something in a low whisper, and both the girls brust out giggling. Nathan, who was sitting stark opposite to them, seemed to know the deal as well, when he too chimed in his agreement. 

"I second that man." Nathan gave a hi-fi to Sean over the table and smirked at the girls. 

Kelly scowled at Nathan which made them grinned with victory and Samantha smiled, shifting her glance between the guys to her best friend on her side. 

"Oh no, not you as well," Kelly's defeated voice made them all stop their fit of laughter. "Don't you take a stand against me now," Kelly warned.

"But I'm with you as well, and I'm ready to try it out," Samantha replied. 

"Yeah, that sound good," Kelly voiced her undivided happiness.

"Oh, that reminds me of old Samantha. Always so daring, always so upbeat about taking risk, yet so adventurous," Kelly spoke. Her eyes at a distance, not looking anything in particular as she talked. As if she was recalling their past. She went all serious as she thought about it.

Samantha's heart raced thinking about the same. Her friend seriousness was contagious as she felt herself swept up into it. She glanced up at the same time when Ian's eyes found her. It was obvious that he had heard it all. His face had the pained expression. 

"It will be fun." Irvin voice broke their thoughts. "I always wanted to do deep sea diving," he reasoned his happiness. 

"I know right. I'll be fun," Kelly agreed as she got one more person to support her decision of trying it out. "I mean now that we're here, so why deny yourself that pleasure." 

If Ian was anywhere between being bored and dejected, he was just the opposite now. His hairs stood at the thought of deep sea diving. Yes, he loved that sport and he did plan to indulge himself for a royal spoilage. Then his thought went to Samantha and his excitement died.