IX

IX

(Not proofread, so pardon my grammer and spelling mistakes)

Samantha dug her hand into the popcorn bucket that Sean had bought. There was still time for the movie to start. Sitting in the dark movie theater with Sean next to her, she could not stop preventing her though from thinking about today’s afternoon. Ian and that kiss.

Sean had booked them the centre top seat for a better view of the screen. They were sitting for last ten minutes, watching the theater hall, getting slowly filled by the movie watchers. One look at her and he knew she was in her deep though again.

 “I liked it” Sean tried to start a casual conversation.

His voice brought her focuses to the person sitting next to her. “Huh?” She doesn’t know what he was referring to.

“This dress” Sean specified.

“Thanks I guess” She was waiting for the movie to start, so she doesn’t have to answer his further question.

When thirty minutes back Sean shown up at her doorstep, she was waiting for the evening to start. She had never been out with Sean. Although both seem comfortable at working in the restaurant, the confines of his car and now the dark theater hall had given them less to talk about. They both were trying to be the usual friends, out for a movie, but when they were alone things are different. Many times they would start a conversation, but fall short of words and both felt into silence.

 “Have you read the book” Sean asked again, tried to break the monotony.

 “I had tried once, but could not finish it” She was glad he switched to a different topic. It seems both were on the same boat and trying to be as normal as possible.

“Well in that case I guess you will like this movie” Sean sounded positive. He had chosen a romantic movie keeping her interest in reading love stories and hoping she would enjoy it. But she seemssecluded and boring sitting here.

Taking her popcorn and munching into a mouthful she tried to keep the conversation going. “The movie doesn’t often justify the writing. I just hope it doesn’t kill the plot.” Samantha was loosening up now. Safe haven was one of her favourite book, beside Nicholas Sparks being her favourite writter.

“Let’s just hope so” Sean agreed with her. “I know you like Josh Duhamel” He was just trying to keep her from feeling lost and bored with him. If that was the case, she won't agree to come again. So, he had to try cheer her up.

”I like him alright” She replied, offering him her share of popcorn. “Nicholas sparks” She added emphazising her liking for the author.

Sean nodded his head in understanding and trained his eyes on the big screen, as the advertisments made thier appearance.

Soon the movie started and she found herself snuggling closer to him. The movie was romantic, no doubt, but it was so emotional, full of drama and sad scenario that she was wiping tears occasionally. Sean closed his arm around her to comfort her. Leaning into his chest, she felt good after watching all those emotional scenes. He was like her emotional support.

 “Feeling better now” Sean asked once the course of the movie shifted towards the romantic scenes. She felt his face closer to her as in the movie the male lead kissed his female protagonist. The air around them was getting hotter with such scene and both Sean was having difficulty keeping his hands off her especially when she was so close. She was feeling his breathing becoming heavy and his posture changing. She puts her hand on his chest making him look at her. His eyes were dilated and were displaying the same emotions as in the movie. She felt it.