Chap. 39

A/N: Violent scenes ahead

*Kylie

"It's gonna be a bloodbath," Asher says.

"I know," I reply, staring out the van window.

"No matter what happens in there, you need to stay strong for, Bryan. He acts tough but he's really a big softie."

I turn my head to the side. "Why are you talking like you're gonna die? We'll be ok, Ash."

"He's gonna try and kill me."

"Bu-"

"If we come out untouched that's great but highly unlikely. I'll never let someone get hurt because of my actions again, even if I have to die. It's my fault."

Bryan pulls into the warehouse parking lot and shuts the van off. "Asher, shut up. You're our best friend and your problems are our problems. Got it?"

Asher nods and we all hop out. It's eerily silent. A warm hand envelopes mine.

"Promise me something," Bryan says.

"Anything."

"If I'm dead, you won't look back. Keep going. Ok?"

"Anything except that," I hiss.

"Ky, this is no time to ar-"

A blood curdling scream sounds from the warehouse. Everyone pulls their guns out and stalk towards the sound.

Gunshots pierce the air. Bryan drags me behind a car and shoots in the direction of the shots. Another scream echoes the last.

I grab Bryans arm. "I'm going to get, Jesse!"

"Absolutely not!"

"Bryan, I have to!" I yell over the gunshots.

A bullet strikes the car beside Bryans head. "Back up, Ky!"

Bryan goes to shoot and I run in the direction of the screams.

"Kylie!" I hear him call.

I bolt through an open door. I immediately spot Jesse lying in a pool of blood.

Oh God!

The door slams behind me. I turn around to see Veronica with a five inch double edged boot knife. "You made it!"

"Is she dead?" I gulp.

"Nah, I just cut her a little. I wanted to save the real show for when you got here," She explains, stalking towards me, twirling the knife.

"Veronica, you need to calm down," I say reaching for my gun.

Something blunt smashes against the top of my head and I'm knocked to the floor. Blood... in my eyes. I can't see.

"Thanks, Darren. Go kill the rest of them, I got this."

Darren?