Chap. 23

*Asher*

"You guys, lets go bowling or something," Jovie says, picking at her bracelet. I was so surprised to see her back home. She usually stays in Seattle with her and Colton's dad.

Everyone looks bored as hell. All we ever did was stay cramped up in this hideout and never do anything but play board games. I can't take another day sitting here doing nothing. "I'm down for bowling."

Everyone agrees and eventually we're all at the bowling alley. After putting on these uncomfortable shoes, we separate into teams of two. Bryan with Kylie, Colton with Jesse, and Jovie with me.

"Me and, Kylie, are gonna shit on you guys," Bryan says, cackling. They high five each other and sit down with smirks on their faces.

"Why the fuck did I pick bowling again? Last time we went bowling I sent a kid to the hospital," Jovie said. I laugh at the memory. Jovie had swung so hard the ball flew and hit a kid in the stomach. Luckily the parents didn't sue or anything but we still got kicked out.

First up was Bryan and the bastard got a strike. "Suck on that!"

He's really competitive.

When Kylie got a strike, Bryan lifted her up and spun her around. We all gave each other knowing smiles while they raved about their scores.

When it got to my turn, I was pretty confident. I wasn't the best bowler but I wasn't the worst. I slid my fingers into the slightly cold ball and lifted it up. It was heavy so I had to apply a little pressure when I rolled it down the bowling alley.

"Shit," I curse. The ball had hit one pin before it went into the gutter. I rolled the second ball down the alley and hit five pins.

Better than nothing.

Which is what Jovie got. Every ball she rolled was a gutter and that's how we came in second. Kylie and Bryan won because Bryan kept getting strikes and Kylie got mostly strikes. Colton and Jesse both rolled almost gutters every time. The server even asked if they wanted rails.

We all went out to eat and decided to do our own things. I was taking Jovie and Jesse home while Kylie and Bryan went somewhere. Colton was going to Brittany's house.

That little dickhead.

***************

"How long are you going to ignore the situation?" Jovie asks, looking at me.

I tighten my hands on the steering wheel. "What situation? You're my best friends sister and I couldn't do that to him."

"You did before though."

I speed over to a McDonald's parking lot. The car bumps and screeches as I pull into a space. Jovie was never supposed to talk about that again.

"Jovie, we had sex and I really like you but I don't think this could work. I mean how could you even like me when I'm b-" I say as Jovie interrupts.

"I don't care about that Asher as long as you are faithful. And we don't have to tell Colton yet," She interrupts.

I look at her and slowly smile. "If he finds out, you're taking the blame."

She pulls my head in for a hungry kiss. Her lips mold into mine and we grasp at every inch of each other. I slip my tongue in her mouth, deepening the kiss, and she pulls away.

"I'll gladly take the blame."

***************

Jovie lay beside me naked. Oh God what will Colton think? What have I done? Why do I feel this way? I thought-

The door bust open revealing my dad. He looked angry but when Jovie's head popped up his frown turned into a sly grin. "I knew you weren't no gay! You finally got a girl!!"

"Get out!" I scream. Suddenly Jovie disappears and I'm not in my room. I'm in the backseat of a red pick up. My dad's boosting rock music, talking loudly with his friend John, and drinking a beer. My mom's beside me clutching my hand tightly, telling me it's gonna be ok.

I look up at my once beautiful mother. She used to have long golden hair and dark chocolate irises. Her beautiful porcelain skin was bruised and bloodied. Her dark eyes no longer held any life and her long golden hair was now sticky with burgundy.

Why?

WHY?!

We were still driving but daddy was hurt and John was dead. Daddy was yelling and so was I.

"Pay attention daddy!!"

"JOHN!! Oh god no John don't do this!" Daddy screamed.

Asher.

Go away!

ASHER!

NO!

"Asher, seriously wake up!" Jovie says, shaking me violently.

I rise abruptly and Jovie sighs with relief. She flops onto my bed naked. "Oh my god, I thought you were dead. You went to sleep afterwards like usual but this time you didn't wake up and I was so scared. I'm naked and I was freaking ou-"

"I'm fine," I interrupt. I give her a small smile but she doesn't look convinced.

Her expression softens and she takes my hand.I give her a quick peck and she instantly hypes up. "I can make you some spaghetti! O-M-G Asher it's the only thing I can make! I'm gonna make it!"

She puts my shirt on and runs to the kitchen. I hear pots clanging and cabinets opening and closing. I prepare myself for the monstrosity she's gonna cook up.

I dial a number and sigh. "Can I get a large pepperoni please?"

A/N: So I'm coming back. I fell into a very deep depression but I'm getting better. I apologize for the horribly long wait.
Anywhoo....
Asher had a shitty childhood unfortunately
But I'm sure Jovie's spaghetti will help him cope lol
Colton's pov next and then back to the normal chapters
I really am sorry for the wait but I promise I'm back to 1-2 week updates
I hope you enjoyed
Bye