Chap. 20

*Kylie*

The next two weeks are quiet. I've been staying in the hideout for with Bryan alone and we still haven't talked about the almost kiss. I'm starting to get the feeling he didn't actually mean it.

Jesse told me to ask him about it but I'm nervous. I've always been sort of good with guys but the thought of getting rejected by Bryan scares me more than it would've with any other guy.

I close my textbook and stretch my limbs. My eyes droop slightly and I look at the bright green numbers on the clock beside the bed. 1:34 am.

I shut off my light and close my eyes. A rumbling sound emits from my stomach and I urgently wake up. Wiping my eyes I check the clock once more. 3:21 am.

I might as well eat.

When I finally get downstairs, I see Bryan sitting on the couch reading 'Fifty Shades of Grey'. When he sees me he throws the book behind the couch and glares at me. I laugh loudly and grab the book and turn to his bookmark.

"Show me how you pleas-"

"Shut up," Bryan interrupts. He looks away shyly. I take my hand, grab his chin, and turn his head back to me with a smile.

The room is deadly silent now. The only thing you hear is the sound of my heart beating rapidly.  We've gotten closer to each other and our breath mingles for a while. A dark look crosses his face and I drop my gaze. I must've made him angry. What did I do that fast?

All thoughts vanish when I'm yanked forward into a passionate kiss. I respond immediately and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me on his lap and deepens the kiss. His lips were gentle and I moaned softly in response. His tongue explored my mouth and his hands roamed my body. I've never felt like this before. Before we could go any further, the door opened and I jump onto the floor hitting my head.

Bryan cackles loudly while Asher, Colton, and Jesse stare wide eyed at the scene in front of them. Bryan stops laughing and looks at them with a confused expression. "What the hell are you three doing here? Also, why do you have air horns and silly string?" Bryan asks.

Before Jesse or Asher could answer, Colton blares the air horn and sprays us with silly string. "We weren't gonna do anything," Colton says. I groan and rub my head. Bryan pulls me back onto the couch and pats my head in a patronizing manner.

The three of them sit on the couch, after making sure the door was locked, and stare awkwardly at us. I cover my face with my hair to hide from Jesse's accusing stare.

"Have you guys never seen people make out before?" Bryan asks. He winks in my direction and I blush immediately.

Colton smirks at Jesse and Asher. "Pay up bitches!"
He demands proudly.

Me and Bryan stare wide eyed at them. "You bet on us?!" I ask Jesse. She shrugs nervously and looks at Asher. He coughs and looks at Colton.

Colton pockets the 200 bucks and looks at us grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "I said you guys would kiss in two weeks, Asher said 1 month, and Jesse said 4 days. Amateurs."

"