Dance Lesson

"You have a mate?" I demanded. Max froze and actually looked a little scared. Really?

"I'm so sorry Annie; I never meant to hurt you." He tried hugging me and I wanted to hug back so much.

"But you did when you left and when you forced me to leave Joel!" I looked him in the eye and saw his guilt.

"I know you think you love Joel, but I promise if you give Luke a chance you will understand why we did what we did." I pushed him away "He is your mate and when you accept that, you will not feel the hurt anymore. I know I felt the bond with my mate, and it's so wonderful! I can't even describe to you how wonderful it is!" He said he had a mate!

"You have a mate?" I repeated the quest. He looked away, then he stood up and walked away from me.

"Annie..." he paused "I do have a mate." He said almost in defeat.

"When we're you going to tell me?" he ran his hand throw his hair. "Were you ever going to tell me?"

"I was going to tell you when the time was right, but there has not been a good time to sit you down and talk about everything.”

"I'm sitting now and I'm waiting so spill." Max shook his head.

"Trust me, now is not a good time to talk about my mate with you." he walked to the door.

"Max, stop! I'm not done talking to you!" I yelled. "You owe me that much. Please talk to me after everything you have done." he stopped and looked at me. His eyes were filled with remorse. I was surprised.

"You're angry, Annie. There is no point talking to you when you won't listen to me." He once again made a move toward the door.

"No, you don't get to just run away again!" I was so mad at him at that moment. "You ruined my life twice now and all you have to say is that you're not going to talk to me because I'm angry." I screamed at him with everything I had in me and he just looked down at the ground. "You have no idea what it was like after you left to go play vampire. Mom wouldn't even look at me in the beginning. She said I reminded her too much of you." I started to cry. "She destroyed every picture that you were in, including all of my baby photos because she didn't want the reminder that her perfect son, her golden child was gone and probably dead."

"Annie I'm sorry, I didn't mean for any of that to happen to you." He tried to wrap me in a hug, again, but I shoved him away.

"Of course you didn't mean for any of that to happen. You are self-centered and you only cared about yourself and what you wanted. I walked toward the bed grabbing the blanket off the ground.

"I'm sorry Annie." He gave up on me, and with that, I heard the door open and close. I got up to shut the light he had turned on. I didn't want it on.

I decided it was best if I just went to bed. Today has been so infuriating and I was tired of dealing with these entire stupid vampires. They're emotional unstable and so self-centered. They all need to go to anger management. They need to stay out of other people lives. I really am starting to hate every single one of them. I'm not sure when I fell asleep, I just remember waking up into another day of the nightmare. I was still so very angry. I need a good long, hot shower to calm me down and to relax me.