Being Dramatic

“Joel… Joel are you okay?” he was just laying there, gasping for air. “Joel I'm so sorry, I love you don’t for get that!” he raised his hand to my face as he struggled for get his breath back.
“Ill…. Never…stop…search..ing…for you!” he coughed a few times. “ I …love…you!” I then felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back just as I was about to kiss him.

“No kissing, I will not allow that.” the prince was behind me gripping me. I knew there would be a bruise if he did not relinquish his hold soon. “Max, take the boy home.” My brother nodded, and began literally dragging Joel back to his car. “Mr and Mrs. Erickson, please, let us continue our conversation inside,” This so called tyrant prince was saying. All I could do was let the tears flow. I wanted to kill them all.

They all had destroyed my life in the span of about an hour, and they acted as if nothing had happened at all. We where back in the living room and I was sitting on the coach next to me sat this “prince” with a small smile playing on his lips. He had his arm around me and held my hand with his other hand. I was in shock and nobody seemed to care. I loved Joel so much and I was forced to say goodbye to him to save his life. Did that just happen? My heart was so broken even more then when Max ‘left’. This was so wrong.

“Annie please stop crying your being way too dramatic. This is what we were trying to tell you before you stormed off.” I could not believe the words coming from my mother.

“I'm being dramatic? You all just ruined my life along with Joel's.” I drooped my head to my hands and sobbed even harder. I felt the prince rubbing my back I stood up and gave my best death glare as my brother came walking in the house. “I hate you all, and you, you don’t have any rights to touch me.” I tried to walk back up to my room and pulled out my phone and started calling Joel.

“Do not call upon him” then the phone was out of my hand and in the princes. He then crushed the phone with two of his fingers.

I backed away from him as my brother was upon me, taking my and arm guiding me back to the couch. I was scared, that was definitely not normal in any way, to be able to do that to a phone with only 2 fingers. Was I in the twilight zone or what? My parents both masked a worried expression with a big fake, happy smile. What was wrong with them, they could see this guy was not normal and neither was their perfect Max, but they were going along with them.

“Like I was trying to say Annie, the prince has offered our parents an overly generous amount for you.” This freak was trying to buy me. I turned to my parents

“You self righteous jerks, you are selling me to this crazy person?” I stood up and brushed my brothers hands from me. “The very same crazy person that had made all of us believe that Max was dead?” My parent averted their eyes from me as I yelled at them. “Along those lines, this freak has convinced you that he is a prince. Hello, am I the only sane person here? There is no prince in this country!”

“Annie, will you please stop ranting and listen, and you will see what we're doing is best for everyone?” My father was standing and had a very desperate face, which made me shutter.

“How is it best for me to be sold off like I'm a car or something?”
“Annie, the prince is going to make it so me and your mother and Benny can live a really good life and not have to worried about money ever again.”

I shock my head. “What is so wrong with the life we have now? I know we're not rich, but… but you all never complained before.” I broke down in again and sank to the ground.

“True but, would you like to see Benny go to that élite private school and get a wonderful education? So he can have a great start on a wonderful future?” I looked over a Benny who seemed to be oblivious to everything going around him. He was coloring his dinosaurs book, and seemed so happy. “The prince can give the world to you, I'm begging you marry him and become a princess and eventually a queen, which you already have the attitude for. You will be cared for and protected for the rest of your life.” I just shook my head. What were they talking about? I didn’t want this.
There words became a dull drone.

The door bell rang, followed by very angry pounding. My brother stood and walked over to the door. As he opened the door a blonde blur shoved past him making him take a step back, with wide eyes. Macy was standing close to the couch the prince was sitting on. There was that amused look again as he looked at her. She held a hand held taser and a small can of pepper spray, and was ready to use them. This made me smile. In the real world, she was finally getting to use all her self-defense class training.

“Annie, lets go I'm busting you out. If any of the rest of you move I want hesitate to attack.” This made me giggle, cause I was finally going to get away. Thank the heavens for my crazy best friend Macy.