Listen Real Good

He lowered his head closer to mine as I tried to pull away from him and keep moving. My arms were yanked above my head and I felt one hand grasp both of my wrists, as pain shout down my arms. His second hand appeared around my neck, as his thumb and index finger gripped my jaw. It hurt and I was unable to move. If I struggled at all his grip tightened. I held my eyes closed. I didn't want to look into those eyes that were all veined blackness.

"Annie, open your eyes!" he commanded angrily. I knew he was talking through clenched teeth. "NOW ANNIE!" I could not stop myself, my eyes flew open, and wanted to shut them immediately for fear of how close his face was to mine. "Listen, and listen well." His voice was really creepy and I was trying to shrink back into the bed but his grasp prevented me, "You will not mention that boy's name, in my presence, ever again. You are mine now, not his, only mine! You speak his name again, I will drag him here, drain him of all his blood, then snap his neck, all while I make you watch." A scream escaped my mouth as I started to sob harder. I knew he meant what he said, that he would hurt Joel, and I could not allow that to happen.

I noticed the grip on my wrist and neck loosened, as he moved his face away from me, I heard him sigh. I noticed through my blurry vision that his eyes were back to normal as his face was completely devoid of emotion. He still was holding me down but is was not as dominant as before, it felt gentle and caring which caused my anger to flair. But I held it in check, because I had already endangered Joel's life once today and once was to many times in my book. He let go but then lifted me so that I was sitting in his lap. I continued crying softly, as I could not control that. He picked me up,and walked back over to the bathroom and sat me down on the counter as he wrapped a towel around me.

"Here wash you face and calm down." He turned the water on as he walked away but not out to the room, just into the closet.

He came back in shortly. I had finally had stopped crying, but I was still shaking uncontrollably and I was scared of him. He stopped in front of me and placed some clothing beside me. He lifted a shirt to my head. I froze at his touch, He was dressing me, like I was a child. He put on a black tank top and moved the towel lower so that it was only covering my legs as he handed me a pair of black shorts.

"I'll let you finish dressing yourself." He walked out of the bathroom. I sat there for a few moments just not able to move until I heard a knock on the bedroom door. I quickly jumped down and pulled the shorts on along with the shoes that were sat on the counter and made my way to the bedroom.

"Where is she I want to meet her!" I stopped just in side the door, I heard a young girl voice. It sounded really happy and hyper.

"Mom, she in the bathroom getting dressed" I heard a girl giggling.

"Didn't Max tell you that we were coming and not to be playing around?" she laugh even more, and I became angry grew toward this person for even assuming that I would be 'playing around' with the prince.

"Mom it's not like she... not what you were hoping for, and your going to have to give her time," I heard the prince speaking in a lower voice to someone outside my door, in a low voice so it was hard for me to hear.

"Luke, what do you mean, not what I was expecting, is she not your mate?" Luke, I thought. The prince's name is Luke. I wondered why I cared.

"No she is, I feel the pull and I already know I love..." I decided I was not going to listen to this crap anymore, so I walked away from them.

There was a girl standing next to prince Luke. She was a little shorter than me. She had dark blue eyes and long wavy ashy blonde hair, and had a confused look on her face as she looked at me. Luke moved away from her toward me as I instantly took a step away from him. But he was fast and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me over to the now smiling girl. She met us half away and almost tackled me in the process of giving me a hug. I looked over to the sound of a chuckle as Luke had let me go, and was smirking at the scene

"Oh, it so nice to finally meet you!" she squealed as she let me go, "I'm queen Krista, Luke's Mom." She waved her hand in his direction. "I'm so happy you're here. I finally have the daughter I've always wanted." At this, she pulled me into another tight hug. "Oh Luke, she so beautiful, but we all knew she would be, she grinned up at him as I took a step away from her. She turned back to look at me with the confusion I felt written all over her face. "Sweetheart, what is wrong?"

"You can't be his mother, you look younger than me, what are you 15?" I cried. She just smiled this great big smile.

"Do you really think I look 15!" She glanced over at Luke. "There no need to flatter me to win me over. I already adore you!" She took another step closer as I retreated back one. "Luke, why is she doing that?" she kept her eyes on me turned her head toward Luke. He was looking down at the floor.

"She not feeling the pull mother. She does not want to be here, and is angry that she is here." She looked stunned as she turned her full attention toward Luke.

"What? Luke, have you not explained anything to her?" she cried.

"I have. She has refused to listen. She thinks she in love with some human boy."

"I am in love with this human boy, he is my fiancé.” I interjected.

"What did I tell you?" he said menacingly to me.

"You said you would kill him if I mentioned his name again, which I didn't!" Luke was suddenly right front of me baring his ugly teeth at me. I heard a very loud booming voice as the door hit the wall behind us.

"Silence to both of you!"