What happened to Macy

That night I dreamed I was at the lake laying in the sun, listening to laughter. I felt someone poking me. It was Macy, and she was looking at me with an irritated look. I tried to speak, but nothing came out. She shook her head with a disappointed look on her face, stood up, brushed the sand from herself and took off running toward the lake. As I watched I noticed there was nobody around, all the people were gone and it was just me alone on the beach as Macy ran into the water. She stopped, turned and waved for me to follow her, but the sky had turned dark as the wind picked up. Thunder was echoing all around me. I turned away from the lake and ran in the opposite direction into the forest. That's when I heard the scream again. I had heard it once before.

I jolted up in the bed I had been sleeping in, the room looked the same and the sun was already up. I looked at the clock and it said eight a.m. I groaned and flopped back on the bed, as the dream lingered in my mind. I had to have the answer to the question that came to mind. I jumped up and took a shower. I felt so dirty. I finally got dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a large shirt that hung off one shoulder. I walked to the door, but it was locked. I should have figured that so I walked over to the night stand and started searching through the songs in the iPod. I guess this action will get their attention. I wanted answers and I wanted my answers now.

I found a song by Kmfdm called Mini Mini Mini. Note: I have no idea what the song is saying I just really like the music. It seems to portray the feelings I am feeling. I turned up the volume to high and before I started it. I opened the balcony doors, then pressed play. As the music started playing I decided to go hang out on the balcony because it was almost too loud for me. I noticed there was never going to be an escape by balcony. I was on the third floor and I was not going to attempt jumping from this. I saw a large pool and a basketball court, which had a large canopy over the top. I heard the music be turned off. I decided to ignore whoever it was and pretended to be really interested in the grounds.

"Well looks like someone awake and in need of my attention.” Luke said, in a voice sounding like he was amused, which of course, made me angry.

"Don't you know it rude to walk into someone's room without permission? Ever heard of knocking?" I turned to look at him briefly, to see where he was and if my theory was correct.

"It is my house, I do not have to knock if I do not want to and you are my guest, which means you have no rights unless I give them to you." I was not looking at him, but I could tell he was not coming closer to me.

"Once again, I don't want to be your guest, so you can let me go home now, right?" I smirked at him leaning against the railing looking into the room.

"Annie, do you have short-term memory problem?"

"What? No I do not."

"Then you already know the answer to that question, and I'm not in the mood to play games with you today." I noticed he looked tired, and his hair was not perfectly styled as usual. He was actually very unkempt looking, I noted.

"Then why not let me go so you don't have to play this game today."

"Annie why don't you come inside, my mother will be here soon." I smiled inwardly because this was the moment I was waiting for.

"Why don't you make me?" His face became stone and he just looked at me, with no response.

"Annie, come inside now!" He was angry. I smiled a big smile as he stood at the edge of the light which shown through the window.

"Why? I really enjoy it out here in the nice warm sun." I smiled. "Why don't you come out here and join me?" I said in a sweet innocent voice, as I noticed his hand ball into fist.

"As you very well know, by the smirk on your face, I cannot go out there and into the sun."

I laughed out loud.

"So the big bad vampire prince..." I said, making air quotations, "can't come out in the sun, well isn't that a shame." I laughed for real for the first time since I became a prisoner.

"No I cannot; I was born a vampire and never had human blood in my veins, which would enable me to go into direct sunlight. So will you stop acting like a child, and come back inside?"

"Why, so you can attack me and invade my personal space?" I crossed my arms, and put my best smug face. "Nope, don't think I will."

I started to turn around to walk further away, when I felt a cold hand wrap around the back of my neck as I was pushed back into the room.

"Oh, I forgot to mention that your brother can go into the sun." I turned my head and saw Max looking at me all disappointed like. I felt like a small child and almost felt guilty until I remember all they had done to me. "See Annie, your brother was born human, meaning he has still human blood in him and can handle the sun." He looked so proud. "Eventually, the blood will fade and his length in the sun will be restricted." Max closed the balcony doors and walked back over to where Luke was standing.

"I have a question?"

"You're not going home, Annie."

"That wasn't my question, you asshole!"

"That usually is your question. Do not call me names, unless you want a repeat of yesterday." I flipped him off.

"What happened to Macy in the woods? I heard her scream, and I want to know what you did to her. Did you kill her or just hurt her for helping me try to get away from you?" Max said something to Luke, but it was so low that it was not audible to me. Stupid vampires!

"Annie, Macy is fine. She was not hurt." I didn't believe him.

"If she was fine then, why did she scream? People usually don't scream like that unless something is really wrong."

"She is fine. I didn't hurt her anymore then Luke hurt you. Just leave it alone Annie." Max spoke up sounding little ticked off.

"So you did hurt her, how bad?"

"She is not hurt, Annie!" He ran his hand through his hair "She is perfectly fine and happy."

"You're lying!" I yelled at him and stood up. "If she was fine, then she would not be happy with what you all did to me. She would be out there trying to find me and bring me back."

I was so angry I stormed past them and tried the door again, but it was still locked as I screamed in frustration. I didn't want to be in the same room as them, so I stormed into the bathroom and locked myself in. I started passing in the bathroom frustrated at the fact they thought I was so stupid to actually believe their crap. I would rather the news be bad then to be lied to. That is just something I cannot stand. I heard a knock at the bathroom door and my anger flared once more. Why couldn't they just leave me alone?

"Annie its Krista, are you in there?" I rolled my eyes, and thought about how Luke was a stupid mama/s boy. "Annie, we have a meeting to attend, with Victor. He is the royal dress maker and we need to get you fitted." I stopped mid pase and opened the door to see Krista standing there alone with no Luke or Max in site. "Who are you looking for sweetie?" She looked behind her at the empty room.

"Oh nothing I just thought... it's not important."

"Okay then," her face brightened as she smiled at me. "We have to go or we'll be late, and the first rule you need to know, we must never be late." She grabbed my hand and dragged me out to the main door. I thought I was finally getting out of my prison cell, and finally going to be able to make my first attempt to run and get back to Joel and Macy.