The Ball

I stood there alone in the bedroom feeling bad about the way I acted in front of Josh, but he just didn't understand. I am being held against my will. I was forced me to come here. Josh did not understand that his precious “prince” had ruined my life. Of course I am acting a little bitter in light of everything that had transpired over the past few days. Mary Bell appeared in front of me and motioned for me to follow. Once again I ventured out of my room, the guards following.

We stopped when we reached an amazing dining room, with a table that could easily seat about 20 people. At the head stood Luke and his father. Krista came at the same time as me through a different door. Mary slightly pushed me forward and I went to the opposite side as Krista. The lunch was awkward, Krista talked a lot and everyone else just responded when spoken too. Luke did not speak to me, which was nice for a change. Still, I felt bad at the thought that I might have actually hurt his feelings. I went to the fitting with Krista after we finished. The dress was very beautiful and it fit like a glove although Josh never actually took any measurements from me.

I went back to my room and went to bed, exhausted from the day's events. I felt as if I were sinking into a depression and I just didn't have the strength to climb out of it. I forgot about the dinner I was to attend that night, but nobody woke me up so I assumed it was not that big of a deal. I was awakened in the morning, surrounded by a group of people and it freaked me out

"Annie, we have to get you ready for the ball, so get up and take a shower." I unwillingly got up and jumped in the shower.

Once I got out and put a towel around me. And the bathroom door burst open and I was surrounded by people dressing, brushing and generally fixing me up. This seemed to go on for hours. My hair was pulled and twisted in every direction, as my face was poked and prodded with make-up and creams. Two of them were doing my hands and feet, as one hand fed me. This kept getting me in trouble with the the make-up people about having to redo my lips. It was entertaining for a while, but I was getting really tired of sitting in this chair for so long. Not to mention, I was not allowed to look at what they were doing to me. For all I know they were making me into a clown. I really hate clowns, they're just so creepy. Eventually they made me stand as they slipped on the dress and they all just stood there looking at me with big goofy grins. I knew it, they had made me look like a clown.

"What?" I said, more than a little annoyed. "Do I look bad? I swear if I look like an evil clown, heads will roll!" they all laughed and moved out of the way of the mirror.

"Annie, you look like a princess!" Mary Bell said, as I was speechless at what I saw. I could not believe it was me. I looked pretty damn good!

"Mary! Of course she looks like a princess, she is a princess!" some laughed as I just sat their unable to look away from what they had done to me.

My hair was up, but had lots curls hanging all around my face framing it perfectly. My make-up was flawless, yet it looked very natural. The dress was a beautiful light blue color that brought out the blue in my eyes and almost made them look like they were sparkling. They were right. I looked like a princess, but I didn't feel like I one. I know every little girl wants to be one and I am sure I did once upon a time, but then I grew up and it wasn't what I wanted