Chapter 20

Josiah

I had fallen way too deep. So deep that as I sulked about missing her in my office, I decided to check her whereabouts from the tracking device on her phone. Which is what led me here to this club. I walk in and the first thing I see is Camille grinding with some punk on the dance floor. I walk toward them angrily. "Camille." I say as calmly as I can.

She opens her eyes and frowns, "What do you want?"

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you stupid?" I ask angrily before grabbing her arm. She tries to push me away and the other guy grabs her arm as well. "Hey man chill, she doesn't want to go with you. Back off."

If looks could kill this guys funeral would be right now. I was giving him a death glare and warning look. I flash open my coat to reveal the waistband of my belt where I kept my gun. "I advise you walk away from this before you get hurt."

The guys eyes widen, "Is this your boyfriend?" He asks her, before she can answer I cut in, "Of course I'm her fucking boyfriend, now get out of here before the bullet in my gun finds your skull." He quickly scurries off and she frowns at me. "What is your problem!" She exclaims.

I don't answer and instead lead her to the bathroom. "My problem? What the fuck is your problem Camille? Don't you know how dangerous it is for you to be out like this?"

"Oh like you care!"

"I obviously care that's why I'm fucking here, only to see you dry humping some guy!" I say angrily.

"We're not in a relationship so fuck off!" She mocks, reminding me of what I said yesterday. I sigh, "Camille."

"Save it! I don't care, that's why I'm out anyway to forget about you and your stupid face!"

"You're drunk aren't you?" I ask. "So what if I am?"

"I'm taking you home."

She shakes her head, "I'm not going anywhere with you. I'll go home when Im ready."

"Camille."

"What? Stop saying my name every second!"

"I'm going to take you back to your place." She suddenly begins crying, "Why did you make it seem like you liked me back? Why do you keep showing up if you're just going to disappear again?"

"I- Camille we're not going to talk about this while you're drunk."

"Then when will we? The next time I get kidnapped and you have to save me!"

I clench my jaw, "Camille stop."

"No Josiah I want to know why you keep pulling me close then pushing me away? Tell me how you fucking feel for once."

"You wanna know how I feel? I feel like just keeping you to myself and not sharing you with anyone, I want you to be mine Camille but you can't be alright?" I exclaim.

"Why?" She asks in a small voice.

"Because being with me would put you in much more danger than you've already experienced." I pull her to me giving her a kiss, for what I was hoping would be the last time for her sake. "I'll have my driver drop you and your friends at home." I say after pulling away.

She looks up at me with watery eyes, "Don't leave." I give her a kiss on her forehead before pulling away, "Good bye Camille." I say before leaving the room. I refused to look back at her knowing it would make me stay.

After leaving Camille in the bathroom I head back down to what Camille calls my "dungeon", to finish up some business. "Hey boss Paul told me to tell you to call him." Charlie says as he comes into my office.

I don't spare him a glance and pinch the bridge of my nose, "Can you get me a bottle of Whiskey?" I ask. He nods, "Sure thing, you alright?"

"Just get me the bottle." I was the closest with Charlie out of all of the men. He was my right hand man and was always available for me for anything.

He came in with the bottle and placed it in front of me with a glass. I opened the bottle and drank straight from it. "You alright boss? You look like you just got your heart broken."

I glare at him, "My heart is fine."

"Is this about Camille?" I groan, "Don't say her name." Just the thought of her was hurting my head and heart. "You finally fell for her didn't you?" He smirks.

"I don't want to talk about this. Leave so I can call Paul back." He chuckles, "Yes sir."

After making my phone call Charlie wanders back into the room. "What?" I ask him.

"I just came back in to check on you, make sure you're not passed out."

I frown, "I've only had one gulp, don't worry about me." He shrugs, "If you say so boss, just be careful." I shoo him away before laying my head on my desk and groaning. I get up from the desk and decide to head home, I couldn't get any work done like this.

When I got home her scent still lingered through the house from yesterday. I head down to the home gym and decide to let out my frustrations there. As I was exercising, Camille's crying face kept popping into my head, asking me to stay. "I can't!" I exclaim before shutting the machine off and heading back upstairs.

I had never let myself get this close to someone, besides Sandra, but this was different in a way. Just the thought of Camille was tearing me apart inside, I guess you could say I missed her? But it had to be this way, that's what I kept reminding myself. Without me in her life Camille would be safe, she was right when she said I ruined everything. Nothing would have ever happened to her if I continued to keep my distance as planned.

I take another long drink of whiskey from the bottle before taking a shower and getting into bed, whiskey bottle at hand.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pleaseeeeeeee vote!