Chapter 29

Scandalous chapter ;)

Camille

Do you know what it feels like to be in love? To just be so happy with someone? Everything they do brings a smile to your face, they make you feel special and wanted, and you're just so happy. My friends say it's just the honeymoon phase and Josiah and I will be at each other's throats later. But I disagree, for a crime boss he is so kind and gentle. He treats me well, protects me, and I could honestly go on all day talking about him.

It was around 8:00 am that I woke up and have spent the past five minutes staring at him. Sounds a bit creepy, but when you find that person you understand. Just laying, admiring his features. We've been staying together for a month since confessing our love for each other and things have been great.

"Good morning." He said with a sleepy voice and a smile. "Good morning." I smiled back.

"What's the plan for today ?" I ask. He sits up to lean against the headboard, "I was hoping we could stay in all day today?"

I prop myself up as well, "I have a meeting today at 12, but I'm all yours after that." I kiss his cheek before getting out of bed. I head over to the sink to brush my teeth and he follows behind me. "Can't you skip it?" He asks coming up behind me and nibbling on my earlobe then continuing to kiss down the side of my neck. I let out a shudder before finishing brushing my teeth and turning around to him. "No I cannot. And don't you have a meeting today at 10:30?" I ask him.

He smirks, "I was gonna skip it." I shake my head at him, "Go get ready for your meeting it's already almost 9."

He chuckles as he heads to the sink to brush his teeth.

-

12 o'clock came sooner than expected and I found myself waiting outside one of Wells Fargo's many office buildings here in Jersey. I had an interview to be a secretary here. I didn't think returning to my old job would be a great idea, so I sent my resume in to a couple of other banks to get back out there.

When my name was called to come in for an interview I felt nervous. It had been a while since I had a job interview. The woman interviewing me seemed very nice and asked appropriate questions. The interview was done before I knew it and I was told I would receive a call soon.

I left the bank feeling a bit proud of myself and decided to treat myself to some coffee. The small coffee shop I entered was full and the line was very long. The door chimes and suddenly the mood in the room changed from lighthearted to serious. "Mr. Wells! What can I get for you?" The cashier asks. Everyone in line moves to the side as I hear footsteps approaching.

He sees me and gives me a sincere smile, "A coincidence to see my favorite girl at my favorite coffee shop." I was confused as he grabbed my hand and lead me to the front of the line. "I'll take my usual, what would you like?" He asks me.

"Um, small caramel frappe." I tell the cashier. "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I just finished my meeting across the street and decided to grab coffee, what are you doing here? Couldn't stay away could you?" He smirks.

"I just saw a coffee shop and went in, don't flatter yourself." He chuckles, "You love me."

I blush lightly as he kisses my cheek and the cashier hands us our drinks. He swipes his card and that's that. "Have a good day, Mr. Wells." The cashier says politely. He waves them off and walks with me out of the shop.

"Does everyone in this town actually fear you?" I ask as we walk to his car. "The whole State fears me darling, probably more than that."

"So you're used to that happening every time you enter a public place?" He nods as he starts the engine.