Chapter 31

Camille

I arrived at the girls apartment shortly after talking to Josiah. I'm tempted to go out and find out answers on my own and I need the girls to talk me out of it.

Rosa opened answered the door grumpily, "Why are you banging on our door this early in the morning?" I smiled at her, "Because I missed you bitches."

She looks over me carefully before her eyes widen, "Oh my God you did it."

"Did what?" Mitchie asks as she walks into the living room in her pajamas. Rosa points at me, "You got dick last night! Ahhh our girl is a woman now!" I begin blushing, "How could you tell?"

She scoffs, "It's obvious! You're glowing with that special after dick glow! Tell us how it was!"

I smile, "Amazing and that's all I'm going to say."

Rosa sighs, "Bitch you're no fun."

"So what's wrong?" Mitchie asks, "If you just got amazing dick for the first time why aren't you at his place getting some morning sex? Cause I know I would."

I chuckle, "Well his phone rang early this morning and it was from Louis, my old boss. He also got a text about some girl that is in danger and then he went to go meet with Louis. I just have a bad feeling that the girl is me and Josiah won't tell me what's going."

"And you're tempted to go snooping huh?" Rosa asks. I nod.

Mitchie pipes in, "Don't do it Cam. You'd just be putting yourself in danger. I'm sure Josiah will handle it."

Rosa shakes her head, "Remember last time she relied on him to handle it? She got kidnapped!"

Mitchie frowns, "But she's not a good snooper either! She gets caught like every time."

"Hey! I'm not that bad at snooping, I usually get my answers don't I?"

Mitchie pauses, "Well how do you plan on getting these answers this time? Meeting with Louis? Following Josiah next time he goes out? Aren't security always behind you?"

"Yeah, true. I don't know I'll think of something. I can't just sit around and wait for something bad to happen."

Ross adds in, "Try to talk to Josiah again, tell him how you're feeling. He loves you right? He'll understand, we don't want you getting yourself hurt."

I sigh, "Fine, I'll talk to him again. I didn't expect that answer from you Rosa, why the change of attitude?"

She smiles, "I'm just tired of you being abducted, it's exhausting."

We all laugh and I end up spending most of the day with the girls before heading back to Josiah. I returned to the house around evening time.

It was dark when I walked in, everything off but the kitchen light where Josiah sat eating apple slices. "So you just decided to ignore all my calls?" He asks in a low voice while avoiding my eyes. I shrugged, "You knew where I was anyway, the guards probably told you."

"That's besides the point, it's 7pm. You've been gone for like 12 hours and just refused to answer a single one of my calls?" By tone of his voice I could sense his annoyance.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, I was upset with you. I didn't think it would be a big deal." He looks up at me, "If the roles were reversed it would be a huge deal. Wouldn't it?"

I finally get what he's hinting at, "I love you, and last night was amazing. Truly, the whole secret phone calls and meetings about me just threw me off. I'm tired of being out of the loop, especially when it regards me. Please tell me what's going on."