Chapter 34

Camille

"I need a death certificate."

Charlie pauses for a moment before giving me a questioning look. "Camille what are you up to now? Does big Jo know you're here?"

After meeting with my brother, the only solution he could think of was to fake my own death. It wasn't a completely thought out plan but it was a start. I shake my head at Charlie, who was giving me a very disapproving look.

"And who do you need a death certificate for?" He asks. I begin explaining the half ass plan we came up with to him, as well as the new information I learned from Richard. "Look sweetie, faking your death is a big deal. You would have to change your name and assume a new identity to completely be safe. You can't just start a rumor that you're dead and think these guys will take your word for it."

I sigh, I knew he was right. But I felt like I had no other options. "What do I do then Charlie? I don't want Josiah going bankrupt because of me."

He smiles a small smile, almost in awe at me. "You really love him don't you?" I begin to blush, "Yes I do."

"You're good for him, I know he cares a lot about you as well." I blush, simply giggly over the thought of Josiah. "How long have you two known each other?" I decide to ask Charlie. The only thing I knew about him was that he worked with Josiah, kind of as a right hand man.

"Josiah and I have known each other for a while. I knew his uncle when I was younger, and when Josiah started working with him we became friends. Then when he took over his uncles business I began to work for him."

"So you and Josiah are college buddies kind of?" He nods, "You can say that, more of on a business level though."

"Makes sense. You're a crucial part to this 'business'. I don't know how many times you've saved my ass, thank you again."

Charlie laughs before looking up at me, "I'll handle this for you alright? Don't you worry your pretty head about it."

"What are you going to do? I don't want to cause you more trouble, I just needed advice."

He smiles, "No trouble at all, as right hand man this is my job. I'll figure something out and when I do I'll let you know, alright?"

I sigh, "Alright, thank you again." I get up to leave but not before giving Charlie a hug. He returns the hug with a hearty chuckle, "Since when do we hug?"

"Since now, bye Charlie!"

He waves as I leave his office and I decide to finally head back home to Josiah. It has been a long day full of emotions and revelations. Now all I want is a hot bath, a movie, and some ice cream.

I enter into the living room and I'm immediately engulfed into someone's arms from behind. I smile recognizing his scent, "Somebody missed me?"

"I proudly admit that I did, how are you feeling?" He asks as he gives me a kiss on my head. "I've calmed down a bit, I got some answers, and I spoke to my brother. But today's just been a lot and I just need to relax."

"How about a movie?" He raises an eyebrow, "in bed?"

I laugh, "I'm gonna take a bath, feel free to join."

I head over to the bathroom and start the water in the tub. I look behind me to see if Josiah has followed but he hadn't. I shrug before undressing and stepping into the warm bubbly water. I lean back, closing my eyes and let the heat from the water relax my body.

A few moments later I feel a presence above me and open my eyes. Josiah was looking down at me, his expression telling me he was unpleased. "You gonna join or what?" I ask.