Chapter 6

Camille

According to the the news on the tv, today is September 4th. Meaning I've been here for 9 days. I haven't seen Josiah these past few days and I'm not sure why I'm still needed here. It seems as though I've given him all the information he needs.

Nobody comes in to see me, breakfast is brought in before I wake up and lunch is served while I'm showering or using the bathroom. Dinner comes out of nowhere too but I just eat it. I haven't made contact with anyone since the incident and I'm grateful, although I'm very lonely.

I haven't knocked on Josiah's door either, I'm still terrified and angry at the man. Although he terrifies me, I hate the man with every fiber of my being. Even though I know he can and probably will kill me, I still talk back to him. So I decided to keep my distance, to keep myself from being killed.

After eating breakfast that morning, I notice clothes laid out for me on the bed. A fancy looking dress and shoes with jewelry. I look around the room trying to figure out where they came from and what they're for. I notice a note next to the dress and pick it up.

Put the dress on, I'll explain when you're dressed. -J

I frown, what if I don't want to put on the dress? I toss the dress onto the couch and get into bed, where I find another note.

Failure to follow directions won't end nicely for you. -J

I sigh and pick up the dress again, looking over it I notice it's actually very nice. The top has a halter top kind of neck line and it's sparkly, with navy blue, and black at the bottom of the dress. The dress is very wide and reaches down to the floor.

I go into the bathroom and change into it, when I walk out there is a woman sitting on the bed waiting for me. "Um hello?"

She smiles at me, "I'm here to do your makeup and hair!" I frown at her, "For what?"

"You're going out tonight silly, now take a seat so we can finish in time!" She was very hyper and peppy. She was young with long dark hair reaching her hip.

She rushed me into a chair in front of a mirror and begins. 2 hours later my hair and make up is complete. I get up and look into the mirror, my hair was gelled into a sleek ponytail and I had a natural glowing makeup look.

She smiles at me, "Josiah is going to love it!" I give her a strange look, mainly because she referred to him as Josiah rather than big Jo like everyone else here does. Maybe she was his girlfriend? She was really pretty, but I doubt he had a girlfriend. He's so mean and cruel, who would actually date him?

"Follow me!" She cheers leading me to the door that led to his office. She doesn't even knock on it, just bursts through. "She's ready!"

Josiah glares at her for not knocking first but then his gaze switches to me. He looks me over, showing no emotion before nodding, "Let's go."

He gets up from his seat and the perky girl leaves the room. I notice he's dressed up as well, more than usual in a full tuxedo. He reaches for my wrist to lead me out of the room and I move away. "Wait where are we going?" I ask. He groans, "No questions, let's go." I move away from him again, "Not until you tell me what the hell is going on."

"I'll tell you in the car, do we need to do this the hard way?" He asks. I cross my arms and stand there, "Wrong choice." He suddenly picks me up from off the floor and into his arms. "Put me down!" I exclaim.