Chapter 28

Camille

A big bright smile was plastered on my face as I walked into my apartment. The air finally felt clear, well not completely. I still needed to talk to my brother and get all that sorted out. But other than that, everything felt right. Josiah loves me, I'm gonna work on getting my job back, and I am in the process of fully making up with my brother.

I dialed his number on the house phone and waited for him to answer. "Hey Cammie, how'd dumping that jerk go?" I bite my lip, "Um about that, can we meet to talk?"

He sighs, "I'll be there in 10."

When Eli finally arrived he did not look happy. "What happened?"

I smile shyly, "He told me he loved me, then he opened up to me."

"Come on Camille, you can't be serious?"

"What? I love him too." I say quietly.

He raises an eyebrow, "Camille this guy is basically a crime lord. You know that right?" I nod, "I'm aware."

"But do you know what it means to be a crime lord? From drug dealing, illegal weapon distribution, prostitution, it all varies with them. Do you even know what he does? How did you even meet?"

"I spilled my drink on him at his club."

My brother scoffs, "I'm surprised he didn't kill you."

I frown, "Look I get what you're saying and I know it looks bad. But you don't know him. He really does care for me and has never in anyway hurt me."

"That's because he has people that will do that for him."

"Eli!"

"It's the truth Camille. Do you know about his several co-ownerships in different hotels, casinos, and clubs that are all used to conduct his multimillionaire illegal organization?"

"I know he does bad things Eli, stop reminding me. I knew about the hotels and night clubs. And I know his does illegal things. I did not know he was a multimillionaire though, I just knew he was rich."

"Exactly, you don't know enough about him. And what you already know is bad. You can't be with him Camille."

I raise an eyebrow, "I'm a 23 year old woman, I didn't come here to ask you who I can and cannot date." I get up and grab my bag, "I'm gonna go."

"I just don't want you getting hurt Camille, physically or emotionally."

"I'll be fine, I'm going out. I'll see you tomorrow or something." He nods as he watches me leave. I left him in my apartment and headed to Josiah's house. The guards let me in and Josiah was no where in sight. "Where's Josiah?" I ask one of the guards. "He stepped out, he'll be back shortly." I nod and head up to the bedroom to watch some Tv while I wait.

It felt like hours before I heard the front door unlock downstairs and Josiah's large shoes against the wooden floors. I laid in bed till he arrived in the bedroom. "Hey." I greeted with a smile. He smiles back with a faint smile and a light 'hey'. "You alright?" I ask as he sits down on the bed beside me.

He nods, "Just a bit stressed." I nod as he continues, "How was your talk with your brother?"

I shrug, "Calmer than I expected. He didn't yell, but he is certainly not pleased with the idea of us being together. He claims I know nothing about you, which is somewhat true."

He removes his blazer, "Let me get changed and you can ask me anything. I'll give you an honest answer." He kisses my head before getting up to change. When he comes back he lays down next to me and I cuddle up to him. "Ask away."