Chapter 38

*Hayden's POV*

I handed over the keys to my car, taking the cash from the man. I signed the title over to the dealership before I grabbed my things out of the car. When I had everything, I stuffed the money in the bag with the rest and got in Dee's car. I looked in the backseat at Riley as he played on his iPod, earbuds snug in his ears as a small smile formed in my face. "How did you know. Dee?" I asked softly as I looked over to her. She looked down and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly, putting the car back in park. "Vinny heard what happened this morning, Hayden. He heard what Chris did and said. He heard it all." She whispered, her voice beginning to shake. I looked down t my lap silently. "He told Ryan and Ryan told me. I told them not to tell anyone else and to act normal around Chris for now." She said as I nodded softly, keeping quiet as the tears began to slip down my cheeks again. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked as her hand found mine, squeezing it. I looked up at her and shook my head, holding back a sob. "Hayden. I'm serious. Why? How long has this been going on?" She asked and I closed my eyes as she wiped a few of my tears. "Babygirl this is serious, I need to know." She murmured and I nodded softly before looking at her again. "Remember the APMA's a few years ago? Remember how after that I stayed in my room the next day?" I asked and she thought back before nodding softly. I looked down and she soon pieced it together. "Hayden, did he hit you that night?" She asked and I nodded, wiping at my tears. "That was the first time and it was baby scars compared to now." I admitted, looking down at my lap. There was silence for a few minutes before Dee sighted, putting the car in drive. "Let's just get you to my place and we can talk about this more. It's getting late anyways and Riley needs to get to sleep." She said and I nodded, going silent again as we pulled out of the dealership.

The ride to she and Ryan's home was nothing compared to the long talk we had after putting Riley to bed in their spare room. We talked almost all night before we both passed out on the couch in the gaming room, a movie playing quietly on the tv. When I woke up the next morning, I could hear giggling and laughing in the kitchen. I left the room and walked down the hall to the kitchen, peeking in to see Dee holding Riley on her hip and dancing around the kitchen with a spatula before returning to the stove as she helped him flip the pancake in the pan. I smiled as I watched them, realizing how good of a mother Dee would be. It made me wonder if Ryan wanted kids at all. I really hoped he did because they would be amazing parents. I stepped into the kitchen, making myself known as I grabbed a glass out of the strainer and filled it with tap water, taking a sip. "Hey, you feeling ok?" Dee asked as she turned to me with a smile. I nodded, taking a deep breath and letting out a relieved sigh before taking another drink from my glass. "I'm good. Glad Chris is gone band glad I'm not in that house anymore." I admitted and she nodded, her smile faltering a little. "Don't worry, Dee. It's over." I told her and she bit her lip nervously. "Uh, Hayden, Ryan said Chris tried to call the house phone and your phone this morning." She said and I looked down, chewing my lip nervously. "He was pretty pissed off when you didn't answer." She continued. "After the show tomorrow night, they're coming back for a couple of days before leaving again. Chris' orders.." She said and I felt my heart stop. "Oh my god." I mumbled, leaning back against the counter. "Dee, I can't be here when he gets back. I just can't. He will look for me here before anywhere else." I told her, panic rising in my voice. "What time is it?" I asked and she looked at the clock on the stove before answering. "2:40, why?" She asked and I bit my lip again. "Can you watch Riley for a bit and can I borrow you car?" I asked quickly before she nodded, confusion on her face. "I'll be back later." I told her before I kissed Riley's cheek and hugged him tightly, hugging her next. I ran upstairs and changed into a pair of stockings, a cute black dress, a halter type vest belt, and a pair of my cute black ankle boot heels. I brushed my hair out and put a black headband on with studs before I brushed my teeth and did my makeup. I checked myself over in the bathroom mirror before I grabbed my purse and ran downstairs, grabbing Dee's keys and the bag of money before leaving.

OMFG GUYS HOW THE FUCK IS SCOTT SPEEDMAN STILL SEXY AS FUCK AT 41?!?! 😱😭💕✨ OFC pic is Scott Speedman in all his smexy godliness!!! 😍