Deaths and Duels

Leah stepped back to look at the Room of Requirement's doors, she felt a rush of adrenaline shoot through her. She destroyed a horcrux, a part of Voldemort's soul. Her thoughts were then interrupted by Harry's heavy breathing. She turned to see him sitting on the floor leaning against the wall he looked as though he was fighting off the urge to scream in agony.

"The snake." he whispered as he opened his eyes.

"The snake? What about the snake? Harry did you see something?" Hermione uttered.

"The snake. That's the last horcrux." Ron then bent down on both knees andd put a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Can you see where he is? If you can find him, we can kill it, then we can end this!" Harry looked straight at the wall parallel to the one he was leaning against. Finally he closed his eyes trying to pinpoint Voldemort's location. Leah stood there uncomfortably just watching him breath heavily, he hadn't practised Legilimency properly so it should be particularly hard for him.

He then opened his eyes again "The boathouse." Ron smiled and helped him up. Then they began to run down to the boathouse.

Once they reached the Grand Staircase Leah had fell over backwards as a spell had hit her in the back. She couldn't move at all, sure enough she had been hit with a Body-BInd hex. 

"Leah!" Hermione screamed, Harry was about to hit the person that had cursed her but Ron stopped him.

"We have to leave her Harry! We'll be cornered, there are Death Eaters everywhere!" Harry looked back at her worriedly.

"He's right Harry. We've got to go! She'll be fine!" Harry looked back at her one last time and then ran off with Ron and Hermione.

"We meet again?" a voice rang out above all the spells being cast on the staircase. Finally Leah felt her muscles relax as the hex was lifted from her. She was about to reach for her wand when she was suddenly pulled into the air and hung upside down. The Death Eater waved his wand across his face and his mask dissolved away.

"I've got a bone to pick with you!" Lucius Malfoy pointed his wand at Leah and she was thrown down the stairs. She then withdrew her wand and they began to duel. After a few minutes of casting and countering Mr. Malfoy had decided that it was time he finished this duel.

"Expelliarmus!" Leah's wand flew out of her hand, she looked back to see where it had fallen only to trip over a pile of rubble.

"I've got you right where I want you!" Leah was sure that he was going to finish her when he suddenly flew backwards where his back had smashed against the staircase. Leah looked up to see who her hero was. There standing before her was none other than Draco.

 "I don't really know what to say." she said as she dusted herself off.

"Don't say a word of this to anybody. I only did this because I felt guilty." the corners of Leah's mouth tugged upwards. Then his expression turned back to its usual harsh demeanor. "Move along before I kill you!"

Leah then ran off, maybe Draco wasn't that bad of a person after all. It does take great courage to stun your Death Eater father.

She ran out the doors of Hogwarts only to see absolute terror across the courtyard. There were lifless bodies scattered on the grounds, some had died from explosions, others from Killing curses, it was even more horrific to see students that had been killed by Sectumsempra.

"Leah look out!" a voice screamed and somebody tackled her out of the way right before a huge piece of tower hit the ground where she had been standing.

"You really ought to be more careful." Nigel said getting off of her, she got a good look at Nigel, now that he was 14 his voice had gotten deeper and he had grown taller. He had really grown into a young man. Then leah thought that it was time she ought to stop being saved by other people and worry about herself. 

"Come on now! We've got a battle to fight!" she exclaimed before taking out her wand and running towards a Death Eater and hitting them square in the back with a body-bind hex.

Leah kept going, even when she was close to death she persevered and found a way to defeat all of her opponents. Suddenly she heard a sinister voice echoing inside her head.

"You have fought valiantly." it whispered, ""But in vain, I do not wish this, every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste."

"I call my forces to retreat in their absence dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter I now speak directly to you, on this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself, there is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest to confront your fate. If you do not do this I will kill every man, woman, and child that will try to conceal you from me."

All of the Death Eaters apparated away and left the students and teachers to collect the bodies of the dead. Leah looked around to see what she could do. Then she saw tall ginger being lifted onto a stretcher another male ginger sobbing beside it. Tears started to prickle Leah's eyes as realized who had died.

She followed the groups of people into the Great Hall which had now turned into a hospital for the injured. Everyone looked depressed as they cried over the bodies of their fallen friends and family. As she walked through the Great Hall she noticed some of the people she had seen over the past years she had been studying at Hogwarts and some of the Order laying on stretchers.

Finally she had found the Weasleys who were crying over the dead body she had seen a few moments ago being carried in. Ginny had turned around to face Leah, her eyes had gone blood shot from all the crying. She motioned her over gently so she could see.

The Weasleys parted so there was room for Leah to stand. The scene in front of her didn't make sense. How could Fred die? He seemed so strong, Leah certainly did not believe that this was possible. She was sad and somewhat angry, why did this have to happen?

Leah shared long hugs with the Weasleys after all she had been living with them for two years, they made her seem like family which only led to more tears. She didn't know how long it was going to take for her to get over this.

The Hall suddenly went silent for a moment, Leah whipped her head around wiping some tears with her sleeve to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione standing there. She stepped back for them to catch a glimpse of Fred's corpse. Hermione burst into tears, Ron silently shed tears as well.

She walked over to Harry and hugged him but he didn't hug back. Leah pulled away from him, "You know he's looking for you."

He nodded not looking up at her, his eyes seemed to be fixed on the Weasleys then he looked around for a moment. Harry seemed guilty, being the one of Harry's best friends she could see how he was feeling and right now he was thinking that this war was all because of him.

"I need to go." he said turning around. Leah grabbed his hand, she didn't want him to leave.

"Where are you going?"

"To find the truth." with that he exited the Great Hall.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my gosh I am so so so so so so sorry for not updating! I've been really stressed out lately! Why is it that when it's near summer break the teachers decide to pile on the homework!?

Grrr I promise I will find time to finish this story! I will promise to at least upload every week! If I don't keep this promise you can all bug me about it.

Really sorry!

Please Vote and Comment! You will prevent a house elf from falling into toilets! :)