Break Ups

It's been weeks since Leah and Harry had talked. Harry was busy with Dumbledore's Army and Ginny of course, but ever since Harry had stopped studying with Leah his grades had drastically fallen. There was a lot of stress pressing on Harry's shoulders. He needed to talk to someone preferably Leah.

In the Great Hall Harry was sitting with Hermione and Ron. "So how's Quidditch practice?" Hermione asked Ron. "Fine, I just wish the Slytherins would stop with the stupid song." Ron said and Hermione nodded.

Suddenly the doors opened and Leah walked through. She was looking for a seat at the Gryffindor table but all of the seats were filled, except for a single seat beside Harry. 'Finally a chance to talk to her!' Harry thought.

As soon as Leah was halfway towards the three of them, Ginny ran from her spot at the front of the Hall to the empty seat beside Harry. Harry slouched in his seat and Leah had advanced to the front of the Great Hall where Ginny was previously sitting.

Ginny watched as Leah sat down at the front of the table and then turned to Harry. "Well, good morning!" Ginny said with a cheery smile. "You said that to me a few minutes ago." Harry muttered. "Well, er, just making sure it's, er, good." Ginny replied the smile disappearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That morning Leah had forgotten something in the Common Room and went to the Gryffindor tower to go fetch it. Once the portrait hole opened she saw her scarf on one of the chairs and walked to get it. She looked around the corner and saw Dean and Ginny snogging on the couch.

Seeing this caused Leah to drop her books. Alarmed, Ginny pulled away from Dean and he walked out of the Common Room.

Ginny stood up, there was a silence and then something unexpected happened. Ginny broke down into tears.

"Well, what are you still doing here? Aren't you going to go down and blab to Harry that his own girlfriend was cheating on him? Aren't you!" Ginny continued to sob.

Leah thought about it for a moment. She could have told Harry right that minute, but Leah wasn't that kind of person. Leah shook her head.

"Why? Why are you being nice to me? I separated you from him! He's your best friend! I might have ruined your friendship, and your being nice to me?" Ginny sat on the couch and continued to cry. Leah sat down on the couch beside her.

Leah took a deep breath, "How do you feel about Harry?" Ginny wiped her tears from her eyes. "I don't know I've had strong feelings for him, but now that I think about it. That seemed more like an infatuation with him. I've had more feelings about Dean now that I think about it."

Leah nodded, there was a silence. "I have to choose don't I?" Ginny asked "If that's what you feel you have to do." Leah said and walked towards the portrait hole.

Ginny thought for a moment and then she ran after Leah who was about to step out.

"You love him. Don't you?" Ginny asked Leah turned to face her. "Yes. I do." Then Leah walked out of the Common Room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry walked into Hogsmeade absolutely miserable. Leah had not spoken to him for weeks and honestly he missed her.

Anyways Ginny had asked him to meet in an alley at Hogsmeade. He turned into a dark alley and Ginny was standing there.

"Hey, what did you call me here for?" "Listen, Harry." Ginny hesitated for a moment and then continued. "I-I've got a lot to tell you." Harry nodded, he knew what was coming, it's the information that Ginny would give him he was not prepared for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day Leah sat in the tree where she had shared her summer with Harry. She was looking out onto the Lake when she heard footsteps from behind her. Harry climbed up the tree and sat beside her.

"Hey," he greeted. "What's up?" Leah asked turning to him. Harry took a sigh of relief because Leah was talking to him again. "Ginny told me everything, how she isolated you from me, she told me she was cheating on me with Dean." they both looked out onto the Lake.

"So what did you do?" Leah asked not daring to look at him. "Well she thought it would be a good idea to break up." "And what happened?".

"We both thought it was fitting and I wasn't particularly interested in her anymore. So..." "So now your free?" Leah suggested. "Well yes if you put it that way." Harry smiled a bit.

"I have one question to ask you though." Harry said. "What's that?" Leah asked turning to him. "Why didn't you talk to me for the last few weeks?" Leah turned to Harry questioningly. "I thought she told you about that?" "Well, it's just that the Leah I've grown up with is actually pretty brave. I didn't think Ginny could just force you into not talk to me." Leah laughed at this.

"Well it's just that the fact of losing you as a friend was to much for me. After all you are my best friend." They turned to look at each other Harry saw the brightness of her blue eyes and blushed.

Harry was captivated by Leah and the only thing he could say was. "There's a DA meeting tomorrow if you want to come." "Yeah, I'll come. Sounds fun." Leah smiled at him.

Harry smiled, finally the Leah he knew was back.