I'm not worth it

A few weeks later in the Great Hall people were having lunch and Leah was early since they were let out early by Prof. Flitwick since the class was progressing well. Leah had finished her lunch and moved to her notebook to study for O.W.L.s which were coming up soon.

As she looked over her notes she felt someone slide on the bench beside her. "Hey, did you hear about the DA meeting?" Harry asked "Yeah I saw on my galleon." and she pulled out the gold coin that was changed to today's date.

"Good, er, listen Leah I have to tell you something." Harry said "What you didn't have another dream about Voldemort again did you?" Leah whispered "No, I need to tell you that I..." Harry suddenly got cut off by Ron as he slid in front of both of them. "Hey you guys, do you know what's for lunch today?" Ron asked.

Leah smiled slightly as Harry looked up at the bewitched ceiling of the Great Hall. "I'll see you guys at the DA meeting today." Leah picked up her boots. As she left se heard a "What did I do?" from Ron.

Everyone was in the Room of Requirement again and we were practising how to do a patronus. There were a lot of struggles around the room but then Harry finally came to Leah. "Remeber to think of a powerful memory." Harry repeated and Leah nodded, closed her eyes and thought of the times at Hogsmeade with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 

Then Valentine's Day came up when Leah and Harry were at Hogsmeade and when they went for a ride on Harry's firebolt, and that night when Leah kissed him. Leah's heart lifted and she said the incantation "Expecto Patronum!" when Leah opened her eyes a doe emmited from her wand.

[I took a test and it turned out to be a doe so yeah]

"That was really good." Harry complimented "Thanks." Leah beamed at the doe that now pranced in the air. "So what did you want to talk about today at lunch?" Leah asked "Err, well." then there was a sudden shake across the room.

Harry went up to the hole and Leah followed behind. Both of them looked through the whole ata the same time but then Harry tackled Leaah away from the door then there was an explosion. They both sat up to see Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad standing triumphantly at the doorway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Filch was hammering another decree up at the wall. "Dolores Umbridge has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Leah said.

That evening the DA had detention and Umbridge had made them use the blood quill that she had used on Harry at the beginning of the year. All you could hear across the Great Hall were students wincing, some even crying from the deep gouges that imprinted on their free hands.

As Leah wrote I must not tell lies she was on the break of tears also from the searing pain, and every time she wrote she would repeat "Don't be a wimp." to herself. Umbridge then walked by and heard her. Just as Leah started her last line Umbridge grabbed her right hand, gripped it so her nails had dug into Leah wrist, and then guided Leah's hand forcefully across the page. 

This is when Leah's eyes flooded tears, Umbridge let go of Leah and purposely threw her on the cold stone floor. Many of the people across the Hall stood to look at Leah sobbing on the ground. Leah looked around, Hermione gave Leah a sympathetic look, Ron and the twins (who she had grown close to over Christmas) looked as though they were about to get up and murder Umbridge. Harry who had been in the desk next to Leah had knelt down beside Leah.

"Get back in your seat Mr. Potter!" Umbridge commanded, Harry was about to open his mouth and say no but Leah shook her head. "Don't." Leah whispered, she feared that Harry would just get into deeper trouble and it would be all her fault.

"I'm not worth it." Leah muttered under her shaky breath. "Sit down Mr. Potter!" Umbridge said again. Harry looked at Leah one last time then went back to his seat. Umbridge nodded with satisfaction, then turned to Leah.

"You may leave now Ms. Green." Umbridge said and then returned to her seat at the front. With that Leah picked up her book bag and sprinted across the Hall and ran up the stairs to the dormitories, leaving the tear stained parchment on the desk