Happy Birthday

Leah was with Hermione at Hogsmeade again. It was February 7th and 6 days later it would be her birthday.

 "Oh this is so exciting!" Hermione exclaimed while taking another bite from her pumpkin pastie. "What's so exciting about a birthday?" Leah asked, she reached into the bag of sweets that they had bought at Honeydukes and pulled out her favorite, a cauldron cake.

 "Oh Leah, don't act like your not excited! It's your 17th birthday! Which means you'll be an adult wizard. You get the Trace charm lifted from you and so you get to use magic outside of school." Hermione explained. Leah's mood didn't change.

 "Okay what's wrong?" Hermione asked placing her hands on her hips. "Nothing." Leah said, "I'm not daft Leah. There's obviously something wrong if your not excited for your own birthday." Hermione said concern written all over her face.

 "Okay, I just wanted my family to celebrate it with me too." Leah's expression was soft, "Most of my family was killed, and my sister may be too busy with work." her eyes were locked on her feet but then Hermione put a hand on her shoulder.

 "Leah, don't you see? You're with family all the time." Leah looked confused "What I mean is that.... we are you're family. Me. Ron, Ginny, everyone. Except for Harry it would be sort of weird dating your 'brother'." she put air quotes around brother, Leah blushed a dark red.

 "On the topic of that.... what happened at the Burrow? Did you tell him yet?" Hermione whispered excitedly. "No..." "Why not? What happened?" Hermione had her hands on her hips again. "Ron happened." Hermione made a frustrated face. "Overprotective git."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Leah's birthday is coming up." Ron said to Harry as he dismounted his broom. The Gryffindor Quidditch Team had a practice that morning. "Yeah I know." Harry said. "Well what are you going to get her?" Harry ran a hand through his hair.

 "I asked her this morning....."

 *before breakfast*

 "Hey Leah!" she turned to face Harry. "Oh hi what's up?" she asked "Oh I just wanted to ask you if you would like anything for your birthday." Harry rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh...." Leah's face had turned pink. "You don't have to give me anything really......"

 *end flashback*

 "...... And that's what happened." Harry finished explaining. "Really? That's not fair." Harry looked at Ron questioningly. "How is that not fair? She said the same to you."

 "Well, Hermione said that I have to get her a present." Ron defended "That's because you didn't give her one last year." Harry said. "Well, in my defense......"

 "Hey guys what are you talking about?" Leah asked, both boys jumped and Ron looked around to see where Leah came from. "Bloody hell Leah don't scare us like tha!." Ron said inhaling and exhaling with a hand on his chest. "Yeah! Did you apparate here?" Harry asked.

 "No, although the instructor at the lessons did say I did very well." Leah smiled at the two of them.

 Finally Harry, Ron and Leah exited the pitch only to see Hermione waving at them. "Good morning Leah, Good morning Harry..." she then glanced over at Ron. "Ronald." Hermione acknowledged. "Morning." Ron said with the same frustrated attitude.

 There was silenced as they stood there. "How about we all get some break...." Leah was interrupted by a group of giggling girls, they pushed someone to the front of the pack and that someone was named Romilda Vane.

 "Hi Harry." she greeted batting her eyelashes. "Oh hi...." Harry said plainly, Romilda giggled somemore and so did the girls behind her. "Would you like to come eat breakfast with us?" she asked with the sweetest voice she could muster. "Actually I'm going right now with my friends." Harry said.