Vivid Dreams

A few days past and Harry was trying his hardest to spend some time with Leah every day, even though he would see her in the Common Room in the evening. But for some reason Harry didn't think those few hours together wasn't enough.

Something was driving him to try to see Leah everyday. In a way he was attracted to her, like a paper clip to a magnet. Something about her changed, she seemed prettier every time Harry looked at her (Not that she wasn't pretty already), she seemed more interesting to Harry.

One evening Harry was sitting in the Common Room with Leah. Harry was reading a book and Leah was writing in a notebook. "Harry do you think I should cut my hair?" she asked out of the blue. Leah had grown her hair out over the summer so it flowed past her shoulders and onto her back.

"No you look fine the way you are." Harry answered "Really?" "Yeah," Harry closed his book so he could look at Leah. "Personally I don't think you need to change anything. Your naturally beautiful." Harry looked into Leah's eyes.

They were a deep blue with a hint of green in them. Harry then realized how close his face was and pulled back. Harry took a deep breath and gathered his things. When he was about to walk up the stairs to the boys' dormitory he heard Leah sigh "Naturally beautiful." Harry smiled to himself and walked up the stairs.

************

Harry could hear the music echo from the castle, it drifted in the air. There was a light snowfall, he walked down to the boathouse his mind wandering. Harry stepped down from the stairs and saw a figure. He walked over to see a dark haired girl staring at the sky.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" a delicate voice said, it was a voice he recognized. "What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be at the ball?" Harry asked.

"Nobody asked me." she answered "I find that hard to believe." Harry whispered. "Don't be surprised. Not many boys are attracted to the quiet girl." she said facing Harry.

Harry looked into her blue eyes then blushed and looked back at the sky to see more snow lightly falling. "If only I'd known then I'd probably be looking forward to tonight."

"It's okay. We've still got this moment."  There was a silence when Harry heard the tune change, suddenly Harry had an idea. "You wanna dance?" Harry asked. "Are you serious?" she asked.

"Well nobody's watching us so... may I have this dance?" Harry held out his hand. She giggled and took his hand. "Yes you may."

They swayed a bit then Harry started fooling around. There was a lot of laughter, he was having the time of his life. Then the music turned slow again and they swayed again. "This is actually the most fun I've had all night." he said "Me too."

Harry smiled and embraced her in a hug, there was a silence they looked at each other. Harry had the sudden urge to lean forward.

Slowly the two leaned in closer and closer.

***********

Harry was shaken awake "Harry! Hurry up we need to meet Hermione in the Great Hall." Ron continued to struggle with his tie. Harry woke up and got dressed fairly quickly.

He followed Ron from behind. 'Was that really a dream?' Harry thought 'It seemed so real.'. The two boys entered the Great Hall. He caught the eye of a certain dark haired girl and she smiled at him.

Time seemed to slow around him the chatter of the Great Hall died down and Harry could only hear his heart beats. His whole world concentrated on her, like they were the only two in the Great Hall.

Finally their lips touched.

Harry felt a chill run down his spine, but it wasn't a bad chill. It felt good, refreshing even.

Then Harry bumped into Ron. "Are you alright mate? You seem different today." Ron said as he sat down on the bench. "Yeah I'm alright." Harry looked over at Leah, she giggled. Harry's face felt warm and he sat down beside Ron.

All morning the dream popped into his mind. 'Probably one of the best dreams I've had.' he thought. The dream seemed so real. As if it were a lost memory of his.

Whether it was a dream or not, Harry didn't understand why he dreamt about Leah. He had a girlfriend didn't he? Harry was confused, why didn't he feel this way about Ginny?

'Oh the confusing world of teenage hormones.' Harry thought.