Arguements and Confessions

The next morning Leah was walking to the Great Hall "Leah!" she heard someone call her. Leah turned around to see Ginny running up to her, "Leah...." Ginny panted. Leah let her catch her breath first, once she was able to speak she looked up, it was obvious that something bad had happened.

"It's Ron, he's in the hospital wing." Leah's eyes grew wide at the sudden news. The two of them swiftly walked back to the hospital wing. When they opened the doors Prof. Dumbledore, Prof. Slughorn, Prof. Snape, and Prof. McGonagall were all there including Harry and Hermione who were standing beside Ron's bed.

"What happened?" Leah asked walking up to Ron's bed. "It seems that last night Mr. Weasley was poisoned when he and Mr. Potter visited Prof. Slughorn in his office." Leah was flabbergasted, "Poisoned? From what?" she asked. "It seems as though somebody gave Slughorn a bottle of mead to give to me as a gift. However it has been laced with poison, Slughorn unknowingly gave a cup to Mr. Weasley to make him feel better for the love potion he had consumed earlier. Thankfully Mr, Potter was there and shoved a bezoar down his throat, and I think you know the rest of the story Ms. Green." Dumbledore explained.

Suddenly the front doors of the hospital wing had burst open to reveal a panicking Lavender. "Where is he? Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?" she turned to the bed to find Hermione by Ron's side. "What's she doing here?" she asked, disgust dripping from her voice. "I might ask you the same question!" Hermione stood up. 

"I happen to be his girlfriend!" Lavender responded holding her ground. "Well I happen to be his.... friend " Hermione muttered, her emotions were getting the best of her again. "Don't make me laugh! You two haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose I'll have to break up with him, now that you find him all interesting." everyone directed their eyes at Hermione, except for Snape who was looking absolutely bored at the moment.

"He's been poisoned you daft dimpoe! And for the record I've always found him interesting!" At this point Leah thought McGonagall would have stopped the fight but she just stood there keeping her mouth shut.

"Hmm...." Ron had started mumbling in his sleep. "Oh! See! He senses my prescence!" Ginny and Leah were holding back a snicker, Lavender was very into Divination. "Don't worry Won-Won, I'm here." she said as though to comfort Ron. Leah rolled her eyes and listened to Ron.

"Her....Mio...Ne.... Hermione." he mumbled, this made Lavender burst into tears and she ran out of the hospital wing. "Oh to be young but to feel love's keen sting." Dumbledore commented, "Come everyone, Mr. Weasley's been well tended." after this the Professors left. "Mum's going to be furious when she hears about this. Anyways see you later guys." she said and left the hospital wing as well, leaving Harry, Hermione, and Leah.

When Harry and Leah turned to Hermione she was sitting at Ron's side holding his hands with a smile on her face. "Finally." Leah said "Oh, shut up!" she whispered, not wanting to wake Ron from his rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later Ron was out of the hospital wing, the picture of health again. The four of them were in the Great Hall studying when it started snowing. "Stop it Ron! You're making it snow!" Hermione said. "Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again." Ron said looking at us.

"Well in the hospital she came to visit you and you...talked. You say you don't remember anything from that night anything at all?" Hermione asked hoping he remembered something. "Well there is one thing..." Hermione shifted in her seat "But I was completely boggled wasn't I. I mean I was poisoned right?" Hermione's hopes shattered, "Yeah... boggled."

Leah heard some girls talking and looked to see that Katie Bell had been let out from the hospital wing as well. "Harry," he turned to Leah, "It's Katie." Harry looked behind him to find Katie standing there. He got up and closed his potion book to talk to Katie.

Once Harry finished talking with Katie, Draco had walked in. They held a stare for a few seconds and then Draco started walking, Harry followed him, his Half-Blood Prince textbook in hand. "This is not going to end well." Leah said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later Harry entered the Common Room, "What happened?" Hermione asked, Harry explained the whole situation and how he attacked Malfoy. "It was like he had been slashed by an invisible sword." the Common Room was now empty and the only ones there were Harry, Leah, Hermione, and Ron.

"So you used a spell that you didn't know anything about on Malfoy?" Leah asked "I was just trying to defend myself!" Leah stood up, "Don't you think you could have thought a little before you used it? You could have killed him! Not to mention you could have been expelled!" 

"Since when did you care about him! He's been bullying us ever since we got here! He's probably the reason for all of the bad things that has happened too! He's the enemy Leah!" Harry shouted. "Do you have any idea what he's been through? The only reason he's doing this is because Voldemort expects him to. If he doesn't do as he's told Voldemort might kill him or his mother!" Leah shouted.

"Oh so this is what you've been doing? Befriending Malfoy behind my back is it?" Harry's voice was being heated by anger. "Stop it! That's enough!" Hermione said. The two of them continued not even acknowledging Hermione. "Isn't this what you wanted? For all of us to come together and fight against Voldemort?!" Leah exclaimed. "I didn't mean Malfoy!" Harry retorted. 

"Why not? Isn't it better to have people side with us. Or do you hate Malfoy that much?" Harry didn't answer. "He doesn't have a choice, either disobey him and let his loved ones die, or do as he's told and keep the people he loves alive. He's doing all of this out of fear. Fear of losing his family." there was silence again. "I can't help but feel sorry for him." Leah muttered and walked up to her dormitory slamming the door behind her.

Out of anger Leah kicked her bedside table which caused her owl Peep to jump. "Sorry Peep." her owl squeaked back. Leah let him out of his cage and dropped him onto the floor. Peep looked back up at her and tilted his head to the side as if to ask "What's wrong?". 

"Nothing's wrong I'm just in a bad mood that's all." Leah answered. Peep hopped around the room then went under the bed. 'Ahh! I hate it when he goes under there!' she thought. When she went to look under her bed she found a letter.

She grabbed it and read who it was from, "From: Harry." she said. Out of curiosity she read it,

Happy Birthday Leah! 'Oops that must have been there for a long time.' she thought. She kept reading.....

I've been bottling this up for a longtime now and since it's your birthday I thought that it was time that I told you.I know that we've been friends for a long time and I can't believe that I just realized this now. I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship. And in case you're wondering why I didn't have the courage to tell you in person is because this just seemed like the easiest way to tell you because I know that if I told you in person I'd make a massive fool of myself. 

 So here goes 

There was a blob of ink next to the s in goes, as if he was hesitating to write what he was about to say. Leah's eyes widened as she read the next sentence, I love you.

The sentence hit her like a pile of rocks fell on top of her, her heart stopped, she was finding it hard to breath, it was as if she had just died. That letter was probably the sweetest thing a boy could ever write to her.

When Hermione walked in she found Leah laying on her bed rubbing her face. "Leah? What's wrong?" she asked half concerned and half worried about leaah's sanity since she was rubbing her face for no apparent reason. 

"I just made the biggest mistake of my life." Leah said sitting up and then flopping back onto her bed.