Ron Leaves

The quartet continued to travel on foot since Ron was not in any fit state to apparate yet. Leah had also noticed that when it was Ron's turn to wear the locket his mood would just drop, he wouldn't talk to anyone and when the three of them tried to talk to him he would just snap at them and grumble something about how he wouldn't have to do this at home. Hermione and Harry had noticed as well and they suspected that it was because he was accustomed to having enough to eat or a warm place to sleep, that wasn't the case while they were on their journey.

 By now they had probably been travelling all over the country, they had been to many places already and Leah had lost count of the number of locations they had been to. Once Ron's arm had been healed fully they could apparate and finally start moving along quicker. Soon enough they were in yet another forest, Hermione and Leah had chosen a spot close to a lake. Harry and Ron built the tent quick from all of the times they had to pack and unpack it.

 "Okay, I'm going to go find some firewood." Ron declared as he set his pack on the table in the tent. "Leah? Would you want to come with me?" Ron asked, Leah looked up at him, he had the we need to talk expression on his face. "Yeah, okay.". It was silent for half of the time, and once they almost had enough Ron spoke up. "I need to talk to you about something." Ron said as he picked up another branch. "What is it?" Leah said walking ahead slightly to pick up a smaller stick. "It's about Harry." Leah stood up straight.

 "What about him?" she asked cautiously. "Don't you think, I don't know, that he's not sure what to do?" Leah faced him fidgeting with the stick in her hands. "What do you mean?" Leah asked him, "I mean, we go out to find horcruxes and he doesn't know anything about them or how to destroy them. He doesn't really have a plan." Ron said, he was in one of those moods again. "Well, we've got one already." Leah said heading back towards the tent. "And we're not even close to destroying it." Ron said walking to the tent.

 Suddenly Leah heard a crack of thunder in the distance, and almost instantaneously it started raining. She ran back to the tent trying not to get wet.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A few days later it had been raining again and you could hear the rain pattering against the canvas of the tent. Hermione was reading a History of Magic when she gasped out of nowhere. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe I hadn't realized it before!" Hermione exclaimed running over to the table. "What?" Harry and Leah said at the same time running after her. "Here.." Hermione spread the book open to a page. "It says here the sword was goblin made. Therefore it absorbs anything that makes it stronger!" Hermione said. "How does this help us?" Harry asked, then realization hit Leah. "Harry you told me that you stabbed Tom Riddle's Diary with a Basilisk fang." Harry nodded "And you stabbed the Basilisk with...." "The Sword of Gryffindor!" Harry finished. "Which means..." Hermione let them finish, "It can kill horcruxes." Leah smiled, they were getting somewhere after weeks.

 "Only one problem..." Harry started but the lanterns in the tent were suddenly put out, a shadowy figure stood beside them, Leah heard a click sound and the lights flew back to the lanterns and Ron revealed himself. "The sword was stolen." he said, he was angry then Leah remembered, Ron was wearing the locket. "What is it?" Harry asked him noticing his angy expression. "If you've got something to say then spit it out." Harry said turning in his seat so he was facing Ron. "Alright I'll spit it out. But don't blame me because there's another damn thing we ought to find!" Ron said flatly, his temper getting the best of him.

 "Well what do you think it would be like? Did you think we'd be staying in a five star hotel? Finding a horcruxes everyday? Did you think you'd be back with your mummy by Christmas?" Harry questioned. "I just thought that after all this time we would have achieved something by now! I thought you knew what you were doing! I thought Dumbledore would have told you somethig worthwhile!" Ron shouted, this was going to get ugly. "I told you everything Dumbledore told me! And just in case you haven't noticed we have found a horcruxes already!" Harry said getting up and walking over to his bunk. "Yeah, and we're about as close to getting rid of it as we are finding the rest of them aren't we?" Ron snapped.

 "Ron please take it off! You wouldn't be saying any of this if you weren't wearing it for the whole day!" Hermione pleaded but Ron just pushed her aside like she was nothing. "Do you know why I listen to that radio everyday? To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name, or Fred's, or George's, or mum's!" Ron counted hem off one by one using his fingers. "Do you think I'm not listening too? That I don't know how it feels!" Harry shouted at him his temper was rising. "You don't know how it feels! Your parents are dead! You have no family!" Ron shouted back at him, this set Harry off and they rushed at each other. Leah tried to hold Harry back as they started to push and shove each other.

 "Fine! Go then!" Harry said pointing to the front of the tent. Ron grabbed his pack from his bedside and before leaving he turned to Hermione. "And you? Are you coming or are you staying?" he asked her, Hermione looked as if she was going to burst out into tears at any moment. "I-I have to stay." Hermione's voice was shaky from holding back her tears. "I see how it is. I've seen you two for the past few weeks. Hermione couldn't hold back her tears anymore and hey started flooding from her eyes. "What? Ron that's nothing!" Hermione said, it was true though Ron was jumping to conclusions. Ron left the tent with pure rage on his face and Hermione went after him. "Ron where are you going?" then Leah heard a crack, Ron had apparated somewhere.

 Hermione came back into the tent her hair and he face were soaking wet, while tears continued streaming down her face. "H-he's g-gone." Hermione choked out, and she collapsed onto a chair sobbing her eyes out. Naturally Leah went to Hermione's side to comfort her. Harry looked at the both of them, Leah mouthed the words "I'll take care of her." and with that he went to lie down on his bunk. Leah turned to Hermione, her breathing was shallow and she was gasping for air everytime she sobbed. "Please don't cry Hermione." Leah rubbed her back.

 She tried to remember the last time Hermione had cried this hard, the last time was in sixth year when Ron had kissed Lavender Brown. Ron was being very full of himself that day he hadn't realized how it would impact the others around him. Little questions remained in the back of her mind. How were they going to find the sword of Gryffindor? It could be anywhere in the world. If they don't finish this soon Voldemort will have taken over already.