Godric's Hollow

After Ron had left, Hermione had become a mess. She was crying every night when she thought Harry and Leah were asleep and also when she was on guard duty. "She's really depressed." Leah said as she peered out of the tent to view Hermione who was on guard again. "I think I'll take guard." Leah suggested, stepping out of the tent. "What why? It's supposed to be my turn." he said grabbing her hand. "Just try to make her feel better about all of this." Leah said to him "Why me?" he asked her again. "Because as a matter of fact, you've known her longer than I have." Leah said with a smile and walked over to Hermione who wiped her tears away before Leah could see.

"Hermione, it's my turn. Go into the tent to get warm." Leah said with a genuine smile on her face, Hermione nodded and made her way to the tent. That night Leah heard music and laughter coming from the tent. She decided to go see what was going on. She peered through the parting of the tent entrance and saw Harry and Hermione dancing. It wasn't meant to be romantic, it was actually kind of geeky and fun like the way Ginny, Fred, and George were dancing with her at the Bill and Fleur's wedding.

Suddenly the music started slowing down and they hugged each other but once they stopped she turns away from Harry shaking her head, and she retreated to her bunk bed. Harry turned to Leah who had a defeated frown across her face. "I tried." Harry whispered. "Yeah, and you did really good." Leah replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After days of moving they had come across a rocky mountain side, Hermione and Leah had been taking turns reading The Tales of Beedle the Bard when Harry came running from his bunk. "Hermione! Leah!" he called ad ran over to the kitchen table where they had been reading. "Remember when you said that snitches had flesh memories," Hermione nodded. "You were right but I didn't catch the Snitch in my hand at my first game, I nearly swallowed it." he gave the Snitch to them and Leah read the message that was written on the Snitch. "I open at the close." she read.

"What could that mean? Hermione asked, "I don't know, but I want to go to Godric's Hollow." Harry said "Why is that?" Leah asked. "Well, wouldn't you think there'd be a horcrux in there? I mean You-Know-Who almost died in there right? Don't you think that would be an ideal place for him to keep a horcrux?" Harry thought. "Well I guess, but it could be dangerous." Hermione warned him. "But Leah and I have been doing some thinking and we think that the Sword of Godric Gryffindor could be there." Hermione said "After all if Dumbledore wanted you to find it without the Ministry getting it what better place than the birthplace of the founder of Gryffindor!" Leah finished. "Fine! It's settled then." Harry said going back into the tent.

When the three of them got there the village was relatively peaceful and all of the roads and houses were covered with a blanket of snow. "I still think we should have taken Polyjuice Potion." Hermione said. "No, I was born here I'm not returning as a different person." Hermione walked ahead to investigate, Harry shoved his hands into his pockets. Leah took a pair of gloves out of her pocket and offered them to him. "Here. Use these." she said, reluctantly Harry took them and put them on. "What about you?" she grasped his hand in her's, "I'm fine."

They walked over to Hermione who was looking into a pub. "Harry, Leah. I think it's Christmas Eve." she said. The thought dawned on Leah for a moment. She listened carefully as a man stepped out of a shop, "Merry Christmas Thomas!" another man said, the man who appeared to be Thomas did the same.

The three continued to walk until they came across a church, you could hear the choir practicing through the colorful stain glass windows. "Hey do you think they'd be in there?" Harry asked Leah looked over to see a cemetery. "Yeah, only one way to find out." Leah said. They entered the cemetery and looked throughout the array of grave stones, "Hey Leah! Come look at this." Hermione called. Leah walked over to see Hermione standing by a grave with the name Ignotus Peverell. "Look at the symbol above the name." she saw a triangle, with a circle inside it and a vertical line going straight through the middle of it. "When you were reading Tales of Beedle the Bard didn't you see a symbol exactly like this on the first page of the book?" she asked Leah nodded.

Then something caught her eye Harry was standing by a grave in a secluded part of the cemetery. Once she got closer she saw the names, James and Lily Potter engraved on the stone. "Harry?" she whispered as she got closer. "You found it then." she asked gently, he nodded sniffling. Leah then took out her wand and made a bouquet of white roses appear out of thin air, she then laid it in front of the tombstone. "Thanks." Harry said, Leah took a good look at him, he was crying silently. Then Leah remembered something she found at Grimmauld Place before they left.

"Harry, At Grimmauld Place I found this..." Leah took the picture of a baby Harry, with James, Lily and Sirius out of her pocket and gave it to him. He took a long look at it, probably wishing his parents and Sirius were still with him. "Merry Christmas Leah." he spoke up wiping a tear from his cheek. "Merry Christmas Harry" she said and squeezed his hand to assure him that someone will always be there for him.

"Harry, Leah. Someone's watching us." Hermione said to them as she quickly walked over to where they were. Harry turned to the entrance to see a stout old woman there glancing over to where they were standing. "I think I know who that is." Harry said as realization struck him.

They followed the old woman to her house and along the way they saw Godric's Hollow, the house was becoming infested with dead plants and the roof appeared to be burned. "This where it happened. This is where they died." Harry said as he put a hand on the gate. They heard the snow crunch beside them and turned to see the same old lady from before. "Are you Bathilda Bagshot?" Harry asked, Ms. Bagshot nodded and took them into Godric's Hollow where she appeared to be living.

When they entered the house it reaked of rotten meat and unwashed clothes, there was clutter everywhere taking up space in the house. Ms. Bagshot made her way over to a table where a candle was at the center. The three of them stepped in and looked over the place, "Here let me do that." Leah heard Harry and he lit the candle for her adding light to the dark room. The match still lit, Harry used it to look at the pictures on the shelf. "Ms. Bagshot? Who is this man?" Harry asked her holding up a picture of a teenage boy, he had a slight mischievous demeanor.

Bathilda didn't answer, she just looked Harry straight in the eye and shuffled her way up the stairs. Harry followed her, "Harry." Leah tried to call him back but her went up anyway. Leah and Hermione continued to investigate the place looking to see if the would find anything. Leah found a copy of The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore sitting on a chair, it's pink and green cover still looked relatively new, and the binding looked as if it hadn't been bent. Bathilda probably hadn't opened it. Leah took the book with her and walked over to where Hermione was. Leah's face scrunched up as the rotten smell got stronger. "Leah.." Hermione said cautiously as she motioned her to come look in the closet. There Leah found the dead body of Bathilda Bagshot.

"It was a..." Hermione started and Leah bolted up the stairs. "Harry!" she called as she walked into a bedroom where Harry was battling a huge anaconda. "Gaah!" he yelled as the snake striked at him knocking him into the wall, making it fall in. They crashed into a nursery whicj Leah assumed was Harry's. Then the snake pounced at her and she deflected it with a quick stunning spell. She moved out of the way for it to fall into the floor. Hermione came running to where they were and she swiftly grabbed Harry's wand, when the snake jumped up again Hermione shot Confringo at it and the spell bouced off of the snake and was bouncing off the walls. Leah heard a crack and before she knew it they had apparated to another forest.