Secret Admirer

Over the next few weeks Leah had been attending the DA meetings regularly. She was feeling confident now. She had talked to some of the DA members and she was opening up more.

The next lesson they were learning about Levicorpus. Leah was in a group with Ron and Nigel. "Ron, you try Levicorpus first." Harry said. Ron nodded and raised his wand to cast. "Levicorpus!" Ron casted, and Nigel was lifted into the air by his ankle.

"Okay now set him down and give Leah a turn." Ron lowered his wand and Nigel was lowered with it. Leah then raised her wand and casted "Levicorpus!"

Again, Nigel was lifted into the air by the ankle. "A little higher." Harry held Leah's arm and lifted it slightly. After a few minutes Nigel was let down and everybody was free to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day Leah was walking in the corridors and saw Crabbe and Goyle picking on Nigel.

Leah got angry and stormed up to the two of them. "Hey!" Leah called. "Oh, well if it isn't another one of Potty's little friends!" Goyle laughed. "Why don't you two pick on someone your own size. To bad nobody here is as big as you two are."

"Why you little...." Crabbe never finished his sentence. Leah had casted Petrificus Totalus on both of them. "Wow that was so cool! I never knew you could do that!" Leah smiled "Thanks I sort of looked ahead in the RoR." There was a chiming noise throughout the corridor. "I'm going to be late for Divination. I'll see you the next meeting Nigel!" Leah ran to the Divination tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning Leah sat in the Great Hall by herself, she always woke up early whenever she needed to get some studying done. Soon enough Harry, Ron, and Hermione came through the huge doors and sat down with Leah.

After a long breakfast the mail came and to Leah's surprise an owl landed in front of her. "What the?" Leah took the letter from the bird's beak and the owl flew away. 

"Who's it from?" Hermione asked leaning over to look at Leah's letter. "It doesn't say." Leah opened the letter and skimmed through it. When she finished her cheeks were a bright pink.

"Well? What is it?" Ron asked taking a drink from his cup. "It's a love letter." Leah squeaked, this caused Ron to do a very dramatic spit take. "A what?! Who'd be writing a love letter to you?" Hermione elbowed him in the ribs.

"Shut up Ron! Obviously a guy has noticed Leah's beauty and personality." following this Hermione snatched the letter from Leah's hands and skimmed through it. "Aww, that's so sweet." Hermione cooed.

"What's so sweet?" Harry finally spoke up and snatched the letter from Hermione's hands to read it. "Leah's got a secret admirer." Hermione said in a sing song voice. Once Harry finished reading it he frowned and tossed it to Leah.

"W-well it's probably a joke. Malfoy's probably fooling you or something." Harry crossed his arms, both Leah and Hermione could tell he was jealous. "Well we'll just have to see then." Hermione announced. "If Leah gets more of these letters then we'll know if it's a joke or not."

Over the next few days more letters did come but some of them were accompanied with sweets or flowers.

On Sunday Leah was in the middle of a conversation when an owl flew in front of her. "Bloody hell! Does this guy ever do anything besides send letters to Leah?" Ron commented while Leah plucked the flower from the envelope.

"That's the tenth time this week." Harry mumbled. "I wonder if it's a guy in our year?" Hermione wondered. "Maybe but I don't recognize the writing." Leah said skimming through the letter. "Have you checked the DA list?" Ron suggested.

"Good idea." Hermione looked around. "Well come on then let's go!" said Harry, probably eager to know who his competition is. The four of them raced to the seventh floor and walked to the Room of Requirement.

Once the door appeared the four of them started comparing the hand-writing. "Hmmm, it could either be Anthony Goldstein or Zacharias Smith." Hermione said. "Are you kidding me? Zacharias' hand-writing isn't anything like that!" Ron said with slight annoyance.

Leah still scrolled the list and found a match. "You guys I-I found a match." Leah said pointing to Nigel Wolpert's name. "Wow, they're identical!" snickered Ron.

"What's so funny?" Harry said walking over to the three. "Leah's admirer is Nigel!" Ron burst out laughing and Harry took a brief sigh of relief. "Oh, calm down Ron! We'd better get to class we don't want to be late." Hermione said and the four of them headed off to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few weeks the letters kept coming and Leah decided that it was time that she face Nigel and wrote him a note back.

That night Leah was sitting in the Common Room reading a book when she saw a boy walk up to her. Leah lowered her book and looked at Nigel. "You said you wanted to see me?" he asked. "Yeah, sit." she gestured towards the couch.

"So listen Nigel about your letters...." Nigel blushed. "I understand you don't like me. It's just that I wanted to get attention from a girl, and after all that happened this week I've recently taken a liking to you and what I'm trying to say is....I like you, a lot." Nigel took time to breath.

Leah nodded "Look Nigel I'm flattered that you like me and all, but I see you more as a little brother type and there's a three year age difference. I'm more interested in guys my own age"

Nigel nodded. "But I think there is someone that you should pay a little more attention to." Leah shifted her eyes to a little second year girl with light brown hair. Leah had noticed that the girl was glancing over at Nigel every chance she got.

Nigel eyed over to the direction of the girl and she blushed a deep red, a Nigel did the same and smiled. "Right, I'll see you at the DA meetings then." Then Nigel walked in the direction of the little girl, probably wanting to talk to her.

Leah sat back in her seat and sighed, Harry sat down beside her. "What's wrong? Did talking to him work?" Harry questioned. "Yeah it did." Leah sat up and looked into the fire. "Then I don't understand, isn't that good? I mean no more annoying letters, right?" Harry edged closer to Leah.

"Yeah I guess, but...." "But what?" Harry was utterly confused now. "Well, it was kind of nice recieving love letters and having an admirer you know." Leah looked over to the two second years who were know having a rather intense conversation.

"What are you trying to say?" Harry asked edging closer once again. "I'm just saying that it was kind of nice to be on the other end of a crush. I don't usually get much romantic attention." Leah found the fire very interesting now and wouldn't dare to look up at Harry, she couldn't risk flushing red with Harry sitting right beside her.

"Oh, believe me you've been getting plenty of romantic attention." Harry muttered under his breath. "What was that?" Leah finally sat up and looked at him straight in his green eyes. She hadn't realized how close Harry was sitting and she could feel his body heat radiating onto her. Harry had a dreamy look on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Leah half whispered. "Looking at you like what?" Harry asked completely snapped out of his daze and blushed feverishly. "Right, I'll see you tomorrow then." Leah grabbed her book bag and stood up, but half way to the door Leah couldn't stop smiling, because of the previous moment.