Rooming with Royals [9]

Ch.9

The room fell silent. Everyone was looking at one another with wide-eyes, except for Eros who was looking at me intently. It was the first time that I had see him looking at me without glaring. My eyes wandered to Giovanni who was glaring at the ground. My Uncle held his head down low in shame. Claudia was looking at me with guilt while Remus was massaging his forehead.

"Well?" My voice was a mixture of anger and confusion. I wanted to know the truth but at the same time, I was scared of it. My eyes kept going from one face to another, waiting for someone to speak. All of them were looking at each other as if trying to decide who's going to tell me "the truth". I felt like I was in a movie where the girl is in the same place but at the end, she knows that they're spies. Please tell me they're not spies!

"If no one's going to tell her then I will!" Eros snapped, glaring at each and everyone in the room (except for me). Giovanni let out a sigh and rubbed his temples.

"V," Giovanni cleared his throat with his gazed focused on me.

"I didn't want it to come to this but I guess you were bound to know. Violet, you're not who you think we are," His voice shook as he said that. Bryson's eyes were full of fear, same went for Claudia and Remus. Eros remained emotionless. I replayed what he said over and over again.

"What do you mean?" The tension in the room was unbearable. You could hear the sound of a pin if it dropped. Giovanni rubbed his temples then crossed his arms.

"We're royals, Violet." I was a little surprised by his statement but confused as well. That's it? That's what they were going to tell me? Okay, boo hoo, they're royals, so what?

"Uh, okay?" I didn't really understand what they implied. I heard a chuckle coming from the other end of the room. All heads turned to Remus who was smirking. When he noticed all attention was on him, his smile fell down.

"That's it? You're royals? No offence guys but so what? Uh, what do you expect me to do?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow. Bryson was glaring daggers at Giovanni; as was Remus, Claudia, Uncle Connor (I almost forgot he was even in the room) and surprisingly, Eros.

"Good job dipshit, great goin'!" Bryson growled as he smacked Giovanni at the back of his head.

"What did you expect me to do, moron?" Was Giovanni's reply which earned him another smack.

"Stop hitting me," Giovanni hissed, his eyes going darker and darker with each moment passing by.

"Would you stop it already?" Remus ordered but the other two kept shooting threats at one another. Seeing Claudia's bored expression, I nearly laughed. I know it wasn't the right moment to do so but it was so funny, especially with dipshit and moron throwing insults at each other.

"Stop!" Both Giovanni and Bryson froze in their places as my Uncle's booming voice was heard. I couldn't help but let a small laugh escape my lips. Many eyes settled on me, including Eros's. I can see frustration taking over his features; maybe I was right, maybe he is 'Mr. I got temper'.

"Violet, I wanted to talk to you about this very issue a long time ago but was afraid of your reaction," my Uncle stated. I crossed my arms and waited for the big bomb. They're royals, okay what's next? Them being supernatural beings?

"Violet, we're royals. Supernatural royals." My jaw hit the floor the exact second those words left Giovanni's mouth. He must be crazy.

"Couldn't you think of a better joke? I mean come on; I'm not an idiot to believe this stuff." I rolled my eyes and started laughing. Man he's crazy if he thinks that I'm going to believe this sort of dumb shit. He's so wrong.