Rooming with Royals [29]

Chapter 29

Violet's P.O.V.

I  stood there, frozen in place. I looked down at Eros not knowing what to do. I was shocked, dumbfounded and at the same time angry. Angry that Eros was here, angry that he had blood on his face and angry that my uncle was sitting in his chair doing nothing about this. My heart was pounding so fast that I could hear it beating with every passing second. Eros stood up slowly and took a step back trying to regain his balance.

 I finally came back to my senses and ran to where Eros was standing. I cradled his face in my hands and tried my best with taking off the blood from his face with my thumb. When he looked at me, I was hypnotized by his eyes. His eyes were an open book, I could see every emotion he was feeling. I saw a mixture of pain, sadness and love. I kept staring at him, trying to understand why he was sad.

I turned around, anger blurring my vision and looked at my uncle.

 "What is Eros doing here?" I demanded taking a few steps forward. My uncle seemed surprised by my tone but tried to hide it by pulling off a neutral mask. He didn't say anything at first, staring at Eros who had his eyes glued to the floor.

"Why don't you ask him?" It seemed more like a statement than a question but I didn't do what he said. I stood my ground, fists clenched and brows furrowed. Uncle Connor waited for me to ask him, and when he finally took the hint that I won't, he started explaining.

"Very well then, Prince Eros here was caught in my kingdom, more specifically in the forest near the castle. The guards caught him and brought him here," he said. I was about to reply when he held up his finger signaling me to wait until he finishes.

"After that, he thought he would manage to convince me that he's here because he wants to help us." My uncle scoffed. I looked at Eros, trying to see if what my uncle was saying was true and the answer was confirmed when Eros looked at me and didn't say a thing.

I frowned at that, remembering all those times when Eros told me how bad he wanted to free his people from his father's violet and callous nature. That was why I was pretty sure, actually, I was one hundred percent sure that Eros wasn't lying when he told my uncle that.

"And you don't believe him?" The question slipped from my lips. I cursed myself at how dumb I must've sounded. I mean, of course my uncle won't believe him, he's the enemy after all.  My uncle looked at me as if I was crazy and I couldn't blame him for that. He was probably thinking, why is my niece defending the demon, our enemy in this war?

"Of course I don't believe him. His father could've sent him here for all I've known but why was he alone." He mused. "We didn't find a trace for any other demon that might've been with him." He put a hand under his chin looking deep in thought.

"I told you, I'm here because I have the same motives that you have." I turned sideways and looked at Eros who was now glaring at my uncle. Before I could say anything, try to convince my uncle that what Eros said is true, my uncle laughed humorlessly.

"Fine. Let's consider that what you're saying is true. Why couldn't you wait for after the war to turn against your father? Why now?" Uncle Connor stood up and took two steps forward untill he was a few meters away.

"Violet." Eros blurted out, he took a deep breath and continued. "I love her, that's why I'm here. I know that by the end of this war, we can never be together if I took my father's side so I'm here because this is the last chance of us sticking with one another." I looked at him; he looked so confident in himself while saying it, not afraid of anything which made my heart flutter in joy. A small smile spread across my face as my eyes shone with admiration but it quickly faded as I thought of what he said. Eros was here, because of me.