Chapter 20

I laughed as I leaned onto Andy's side.

Brooke suddenly stood up.

"Welp, I'm off to beauty sleep. I woke up really hella early for today, and now I'm tired as shit. Night guys," she waved. Alex got up to join her as they laid down in the sleeping bags behind the log benches. Marceline stretched in fatigue.

"I'm tired too. See ya guys in le morning," she yawned, trudging over to the sleeping bags.

"Sleepy?" I asked Andy.

"Wide awake."

"Me too. I woke up hella late."

"Okay, we can be little nocturnals together ," he said cutely. It wasn't even that late though, only 10pm. We sat there for about ten seconds, bored.

"There's a park over there," he said quietly, pointing toward the trees.

"Sure!"

"Race ya..."

"What if I get a head start?"

"Well you-"

I took off running toward the trees, finding my way through them.

"Hey not fair!" He laughed, taking off to catch me.

I heard him not too far behind, but I started to tire, so I slowed to a stop. Andy ran over and tackled me, but catching me before I could fall.

We laughed like kids as we kept marching through the dirt and trees, when suddenly we came across a cute empty park.

"I call the swing!" He laughed, running over to them.

"Haha why would you call it, there are two swings!"

"Whatever!"

We got on the swings and swung as high as we could together. Something about tonight felt different. All was happy, all was fun and awesome. And something about swinging in the dark seemed cool too. I suddenly realized how far I've come. Before I was this insecure, timid person, and now I'm this outgoing, social butterfly, all because of Andy.

We both jumped off at the same time, launching into mid-air, but we both fell and collapsed onto the grass. We both had laugh-attacks, and then a tickle war. Suddenly, my phone rang, so I picked it up in the midst of a laugh.

"Hellooo?"

"Ashley! This is your father. Where the fu-"

I covered the phone and turned to Andy.

"My dad called,"I said half scared.

He held my hand and kissed it.

"Everything will be fine," he assured me.

I nodded trustingly and got up to take the call walking away to clear my thoughts and try to make up a legit. story.

Andy's POV

I got up quickly and fumbled to pull my phone out of my back pocket. Hmmm should I? Should I not? I called Alex anyway.

"Hello?" He asked on the other end of the line.

"Oh hey dude. I think I'm gonna do it."

"You should. You two are perfect for eachother, dude go for it."

"Okay.. I'll do it," I smile spread on my face.

He switched on to speaker phone.

"Good luck Andy!!" Brooke shouted in the background. "Good luck!!!" Everyone else shouted. I smiled to myself as I turned around to look back at my one and only. I saw Ash leaning against a tree on her phone with an innocent look on her face. Well because she was innocent. I suddenly forgot people were still on the phone with me.

"Thanks guys," I said.

"Welcome!"

"Byee! !"

"Goodluck!!" Everyone shouted.

I hung up and slowly turned back around. Ashley put her phone away and went to go lay back down in the grass. I took a deep breath, and made my way over to her. She smiled when she saw me and stood up like she really loved me and couldn't ever leave.

"Please tell me that you love me," I begged. She threw her arms around me and pulled in to kiss me.

"Of course I love you.." she said against my lips.

"You sure?"

"One hundred percent sure."

"Good," I smiled. I got down onto one knee and took the black velvet box out of my pocket. Her eyes lit up and her face blushed as I opened the box for her, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Ashley...will you please fudgin marry me?"

Her eyes lit brighter and she blushed more as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Oh God. Yes!!" She screamed as I stood up. She jumped into my arms and kissed me. I slid the ring onto her petite finger, and we collapsed into a hug full of kisses. Oh God, I love her to death. <333